Porting number from Verizon to ATT

Grokr

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I have two lines on my Verizon account. One for me and the other for my daughter.

I need to port my number from Verizon to ATT because Verizon reception is bad where I work and the company I work at has ATT repeaters in the building.

Is there any risk of loosing my number during the port process?

I don't plan to port the second line right away. The second line is my daughters and she lives in another state so I won't be able to port her number until next month.

When I port my number will her number still be active on Verizon?

Thanks

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
You shouldn't lose your number when you port over to AT&T.

I did the same thing when I went from Sprint to AT&T. I took mine over to AT&T first then brought my other two lines over after about a month or so.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
You should be fine!

Welcome to the land of some what better prices for about the same coverage! GSM networks offer a lot more freedom as well. Win/win if you ask me!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
You should be fine, you can keep the number and just port one line now. Your plan on Verizon may change though, depending on what plan you are on. Though, it is only a month so it shouldn't be a big deal

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
You would only lose your number if you cancel VZW before porting, SO let AT&T do everything for you and when they finish and your new phone makes calls and texts then you can do what you need to your daughters VZW account until you port it out to AT&T

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge