AT&T SMH

WildCatBBN3

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Gotta a bill from AT&T today for ETF. I'm like what the.... so I've been on the phone with them all day. Trying to figure out what's going on. The first guy I talked to talked to his manager and said it would be taken care of. Then I got a text from them saying the would be no credit to my account. I'm like what. ..... so I call again and talked to a lady. She then explained the situation to me. What had happened was the sales rep that put me on the next plan started a new account instead of putting it on my current account. I asked to speak to a supervisor. That was very rude by the way. He told me that it was my fault and my problem. I was like WOW!!! THAT'S AWESOME CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! Hung up on him. Went to the store and take to the manager. She emailed the whole ordeal to her boss and is gonna get back to me Monday. The messed up part that my 14 day return policy was up Monday. What a coincidence. Smh. So she was nice enough to say that I could bring my devices back and wipe that new account that was started for me. I told her that was nice of her but then I wouldn't have any phones. Smh. So I'm gonna wait til Monday. If they decide to go ahead and screw me I'm gonna take her up on her offer and take the devices back and say screw AT&T and take my ETF bill to either T-Mobile or Sprint. This is the biggest load of crap I've ever heard of in my life. I have to take the punishment for the AT&T employees screw up. That's just not right. I'm so disappointed with this whole situation. Very sorry for the long post but I just needed to vent. 😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤

Black 3

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Wait... I thought you went to T-Mobile or did you stay on AT&T and had a contract? If you had a contract switching to next won't null the contract.

Also... They aren't going to let you keep the phones and waive the phone. You'd essentially be getting free phones then... :what:.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
If they put you on next without your consent then return the phone and demand a full refund. Then buy a att phone on contract, then port the line to tmobile so that they can pay your etf

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like the rep wanted extra commission by putting you into a new account instead of just moving you to NEXT. The proof is in your account. Negative feedback on Twitter and BBB will make them care about you more.

WildCatBBN3

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Wait... I thought you went to T-Mobile or did you stay on AT&T and had a contract? If you had a contract switching to next won't null the contract.

Also... They aren't going to let you keep the phones and waive the phone. You'd essentially be getting free phones then... :what:.

I tried tmobile but my fianc? didn't get service inside her work. But I liked it so we went back to AT&T and the rep screwed me. I'm supposed to hear from the manager Monday she said if her boss doesn't take care of the ETF that I can bring the equipment back and they'll take care of that extra account that the rep made.

Black 3

WildCatBBN3

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
If they put you on next without your consent then return the phone and demand a full refund. Then buy a att phone on contract, then port the line to tmobile so that they can pay your etf

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

If they won't take care of the ETF I'm gonna take the phones back and buy 2 go phones for 14.99 and go to tmobile. Using the go phones as your device trade in is the best way to go

Black 3

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
If they won't take care of the ETF I'm gonna take the phones back and buy 2 go phones for 14.99 and go to tmobile. Using the go phones as your device trade in is the best way to go

Black 3

But going to T-Mobile already didn't work so why go again?

WildCatBBN3

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Cuz sprint is HORRIBLE!!! I thought tmobile was great. My girl got a new job. She'll get better service. If she doesn't she'll have to get over it. Hoping every thing goes good with AT&T but honesty Idk if I wanna stay with them Cuz of how they treated me over the phone. Blaming me for everything. I'm thinking about going to T-Mobile anyway

Black 3

WildCatBBN3

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Got screwed by AT&T. Will Never do business with them ever again. Thinking about canceling my U-Verse. SMH they admitted it was the associates fault but I get not satisfaction

Black 3

snakester9

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
One thing I'm not entirely clear on... When you left for T-Mobile was the plan to take them up on their ETF offer? If you did you had to trade in your phones... and when you came back you may not have even been eligible to open a NEXT plan because you had a contract before. If not then the rep is definitely a moron

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad