Was lied to about plan rates, what do I do now?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Glad you got it worked out. Any carrier can cancel without etf, with the right justification.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
So, I started service w/ T-Mobile and they had to give me a loaner phone (1st gen Windows phone :( ) because ATT has yet to unlock my HTC M8... When I go to the unlock request page on their site, it doesn't recognize the IEMI. I was on hold w/ ATT for over an hour while waiting at the Tmo store and ATT said once the phone # is ported, the phone would be available to unlock. It's been 2 days. Their customer service reps don't have an answer for me. If anyone here is familiar with this, please advise. I feel like ATT is giving me one final f-you as I leave. What a nightmare they've been.

Edit, finally got an unlock code from them. Will try it out today (fingers crossed)!

Last edited:

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Did the unlock code work?

Yes! However, I found that mobile data was disabled. Called T-mobile last night and they gave me a series of codes to enter under "access point names" and now everything's cool. ATT phone works great under T-mo. Thanks to everyone who contributed their thoughts and advice. I think the BBB and FCC complaints actually worked because after 4 months of fighting, ATT relented within a day of those being filed. Coincidence or not, I don't know but it's good to see that there are recourses w/o involving litigation.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Yes! However, I found that mobile data was disabled. Called T-mobile last night and they gave me a series of codes to enter under "access point names" and now everything's cool. ATT phone works great under T-mo. Thanks to everyone who contributed their thoughts and advice. I think the BBB and FCC complaints actually worked because after 4 months of fighting, ATT relented within a day of those being filed. Coincidence or not, I don't know but it's good to see that there are recourses w/o involving litigation.

Glad its all sorted out.

Signed, an M8, Liquidsmooth, and the AC Forums App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Yeah you have to change the apn.