MMS to (and from) Verizon issues

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I just switched to AT&T from Verizon yesterday. Seems to be ok, except I can't send or receive MMS with Verizon users. I've tried two contacts...and both the stock messaging app on my LG G3 and Go SMS Pro.

In Go SMS I made sure the setting was to limit mms to 300k, which was what I was using on Verizon.

Googled this issue 'mms at&t to Verizon' and seems to be somewhat common. Honestly, it's a deal breaker with at&t if it won't work.

Also sent to a Sprint user but haven't heard back yet if they got it.

Oh, and it works fine to my wife, also on AT&T.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Just got off the phone with them. They said since we ported numbers it could take up to 72 hours for everything to work. So she said to give it till Tuesday.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
And? Did it take 72 hours or so or did you do something else?

It can take awhile. I'd give it a day or 2 and I bet it'll be back to normal.

I've been on all 4 carriers... During the port issues happened with each phone.. They resolved usually after 24 hours.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
This has been a no-go for me. Findings so far (behaves the same on my LG G3 and my wife's Galaxy S5, so don't think it's a phone setting or anything)

Can send and receive mms/picture messages from AT&T users.

Can send to, but not receive from T-Mobile users.

Cannot send or receive to/from Sprint or Verizon users.

Could this be a CDMA (Verizon and Sprint) vs GSM (AT&T and T-Mobile) issue?

Since I came from Verizon, could they be holding my number hostage in some fashion? That's probably grasping at straws.

I'm just about ready to go back to Verizon...support has been less than helpful and this all worked fine on Verizon.

mallow1998

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem on a Nexus 5 using textra. I can send them but it will take the recipient a while to receive them and vice versa. Very annoying.

Posted via Android Central App

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
It took 72 hours. I know I was really frustrated with it.

I waited from Saturday through the following Sunday (8 days) and i didn't correct itself. Switched back to Verizon and all is well again. Not sure what the issue was with AT&T but they weren't able to resolve it for me fast enough to stay within my cancellation window.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I waited from Saturday through the following Sunday (8 days) and i didn't correct itself. Switched back to Verizon and all is well again. Not sure what the issue was with AT&T but they weren't able to resolve it for me fast enough to stay within my cancellation window.

Don't blame you for going back.. I wouldn't of put up with that either! :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

krisguy

VR Expert
Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Most of those problems involve issues with something called a local routing number, which is how contact with other carriers is handled. This is something that rarely happens, but if I ask tech support to check it, it usually takes care of it.

BTW, I haven't heard of this happening in 2 years.

Sent from my HTC One M7 on Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool