Been with AT&T for years, time to switch?

lildj0809

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
After a couple years on Verizon, and (foolishly) thinking it was the best, I was basically forced into switching to AT&T. And since then I've loved it. But recently I've gotten a new job, and 10 gb between 3 people is just not going to cut it.

I'm thinking about getting a new plan just for myself, and want to know if I should stick with AT&T and pay higher price for better coverage, or go cheaper but sacrifice that coverage and customer service.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
After a couple years on Verizon, and (foolishly) thinking it was the best, I was basically forced into switching to AT&T. And since then I've loved it. But recently I've gotten a new job, and 10 gb between 3 people is just not going to cut it.

I'm thinking about getting a new plan just for myself, and want to know if I should stick with AT&T and pay higher price for better coverage, or go cheaper but sacrifice that coverage and customer service.

i like AT&T. open GSM global standard network allowing BYOD and SIM freedom vs. closed CDMA network requiring proprietary phones.

good luck!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

What were you considering?

DSF767

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Why dont you bump your plan up to the 1 gig share and then have them double it to 30 then you future prof yourself and have tons of data to spare.

lildj0809

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
Why dont you bump your plan up to the 1 gig share and then have them double it to 30 then you future prof yourself and have tons of data to spare.

It's technically not MY plan. My uncle had spare lines a few years ago and I took one of them.

As for what I'm considering, either T-Mobile or Sprint. Sprint has had some tower issues in my area in the past but I haven't heard much in a while. T-Mobile I've never heard about or considered much until coming to these forums where I see plenty of people choosing their network. And obviously anyone who takes time to be on here cares about phones more than the average person.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
It's technically not MY plan. My uncle had spare lines a few years ago and I took one of them.

As for what I'm considering, either T-Mobile or Sprint. Sprint has had some tower issues in my area in the past but I haven't heard much in a while. T-Mobile I've never heard about or considered much until coming to these forums where I see plenty of people choosing their network. And obviously anyone who takes time to be on here cares about phones more than the average person.

i'd take T-Mobile over Sprint -

1. GSM beats CDMA.
2. International Roaming is a nice perk.
3. Free Data for Music Streaming.
4. i like Legere and the direction he's taking the company.

i still like AT&T over all of them but T-Mob would be my #2 choice.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

1. GSM beats CDMA.

Yes but while I think the actual customer service reps are nice they have no clue what they are doing and that's why I'm leaving

ssuber98

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Give Cricket a try. It is an AT&T brand now. I have been with them since Aio & have no complaints. T-Mobile can be a swing & a miss when traveling, but the same can be said with just about all carriers. We are stationed in TN, but drive to the Gulf Coast frequently. The kids have T-Mobile, we have Cricket/Net10. They lose their signal in MS a lot. I never lose my signal. Hope it helps.

Posted via Android Central App

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

1. GSM beats CDMA.

1: why? I did think that and while data speeds might be better with 3G on AT&T I can talk and do data on my Verizon Samsung galaxy note 4.

2: don't travel enough and some Verizon phones are world phones allowing international sims to be put in

3: I prefer downloading myself

4: he's good but the customer service are clueless from my experience

I would stys with AT&T or go to sprint or Verizon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RayMabry

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site

What made you stop thinking Verizon is the best? Even though I've personally never had anything other than AT&T I've always thought of Verizon as offering the best network just from knowing people that had it. Even this study ( http://www.rootmetrics.com/us/blog/...ics-midyear-mobile-network-performance-report ) has pretty much shown that to be true although AT&T is pretty much right there with them and switching phones on their network is really easy.

If another carrier works well in your area and you don't travel then switching might not be a bad idea.

It's funny because my friend always brags about getting unlimited everything for cheap on Sprint but I always argue back that he gets what he pays for. There have been many areas we went to where his phone completely loses signal. I personally, would rather pay more for a larger network. I constantly use my phone no matter where I am.
At&t has even recently added towers in my area and had never really disappointed.

To me, there is no other carrier that matches the quality of Verizon or AT&T.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

petergoogle

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
What about the prepaid route..those providers use the big 4 networks.
- Transfer # to Google Voice for lifetime safekeeping (free forwarding, web panel, etc)
- Use an unlocked GSM phone that supports AT&T and T-Mobile properly (LG G3, Samsung G5?, Note 4?)
- Change providers as u please

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I personally love AT&T. I have used the other services, but AT&T has always been the best carrier for me. I like the option of using unlocked devices, coverage, and phone selection.

Nothing but Note! A little rim, some backboard, but mostly Note!

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
AT&T has 15 gig for the 10 gig price (share plan). Also you can get a 15 gig or above plan at the regular price and get double the data for free, forever.

Jaramie10

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
That plan is no longer available. I looked the other day to possibly switch from T-Mobile but ten gigs isnt enough for my wife and I.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37