Mostly the Nexus 6P.... I hate not having it (I have two phones, iPhone 6s Plus on Verizon with unlimited data, and 6P on AT&T with unlimited international data). I read they won't allow it because "unlocked boot loader" but that sounds like B.S. to me. Every other carrier allows it, and if it was so bad, why would they even allow them on the network in the first place?
    04-17-2016 05:08 AM
    This is the only issue I have with AT&T. It's like we are being punished for not buying their bloat filled phones or an IPhone.
    UDPGuy likes this.
    04-17-2016 10:12 AM
    AT&T (and Verizon) phones on AT&T are not only locked down, they're welded shut, software-wise. No VoLTE, no custom recovery, no non-Samsung ROMs on a lot of them. Pretty soon the carriers and manufacturers will merge and we'll only be able to get the phone they want to sell us.
    04-17-2016 06:50 PM
    That's one of the reasons I left att. Currently on T-Mobile with a Verizon prepaid line also.

With att I felt punished for not using their phones even though I was still paying a sizeable monthly fee.

Posted via the Android Central App
    UDPGuy likes this.
    04-20-2016 05:20 AM
    AT&T (and Verizon) phones on AT&T are not only locked down, they're welded shut, software-wise. No VoLTE, no custom recovery, no non-Samsung ROMs on a lot of them. Pretty soon the carriers and manufacturers will merge and we'll only be able to get the phone they want to sell us.
    Yes but Verizon doesn't stop me from using VoLTE or HD Voice

04-20-2016 08:54 PM
    Mod Note - Some posts have been cleaned. Please keep the discussion free from illegal tethering as we don't allow this discussion on the forums.
    04-21-2016 08:59 PM
    That's weird. I didn't know AT&T didn't allow it on non-AT&T phones.
    04-23-2016 06:10 PM
    That's weird. I didn't know AT&T didn't allow it on non-AT&T phones.
    It's not exactly true. It looks like they're allowing it on unlocked phones. The only two phones that, I'm aware of, allows for it is the HTC A9 and 10. With that said, it looks like HTC baked in the proper software needed and had at&t test the phones.

It looks like at&t will allow unlocked phones to use VoLTE buuuut the manufactures have to have the phones tested by at&t for it to be enabled on the backend. You're unlocked phone can support VoLTE all day, but unless it's provisioned correctly on the back-end, you'll never see it.

Looks like HTC has been the only one so far to go through the trouble of getting their unlocked devices tested by at&t.
    05-19-2016 04:00 PM
    It's not exactly true. It looks like they're allowing it on unlocked phones. The only two phones that, I'm aware of, allows for it is the HTC A9 and 10. With that said, it looks like HTC baked in the proper software needed and had at&t test the phones.

It looks like at&t will allow unlocked phones to use VoLTE buuuut the manufactures have to have the phones tested by at&t for it to be enabled on the backend. You're unlocked phone can support VoLTE all day, but unless it's provisioned correctly on the back-end, you'll never see it.

Looks like HTC has been the only one so far to go through the trouble of getting their unlocked devices tested by at&t.
    By unlocked I was referring to unlocked bootloader. There's a lot of unlocked phones that can use att volte

05-20-2016 08:02 AM
    By unlocked I was referring to unlocked bootloader. There's a lot of unlocked phones that can use att volte

Actually the phone isn't shipped with the boot-loader unlocked. It can be easily unlocked with a few commands. With that said HTC supports and provides for bootloader unlocking on their unlocked devices. At&t allows for VoLTE access on the unlocked a9 and 10 even though HTC provides the ability to the end user to unlock the bootloader.

Which unlocked phones have VoLTE that you're aware of? I'm only aware of the HTC a9 and 10. I considered the Unlocked MOTO X Pure and Blackberry PRIV but I never purchased either device because of the lack of VoLTE support by at&t.
    05-20-2016 11:54 AM