upgrading on At&t

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Not sure how it all happened. But I just got a upgrade fee added on my monthly bill.
Bought a new s7E phone. I was eligible a upgrade.
Gave my wife my S6. She was using a S5.
paid for new Sims cards for 2 phones. Do not know why I had to buy new Sims cards.
They didn't want me to pay cash for the phone, said do the next plan for 1 month and then pay it off. I did. Now I get a upgrade fee
If I buy the note 6.
I will pay cash for it. AT&T will not sell me new Sims cards., activate my phone or nothing.
I will walk out of the store and swap Sims cards & do everything myself.
Carriers should be ashamed of themselves for charging upgrade fees when you are eligible for one.
And trying to find ways to get more money out of you.

Posted via the Android Central App

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Curious if this was an AT&T corporate store or an authorized retailer. I've never been charged for a SIM at our local corporate store.
Also, this is why I never buy phones from the carrier any more. I either buy on swappa.com, amazon, or direct from the manufacturer. No hassle. No contracts. No payments. And, usually, no bloat.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Same comment as thejesse. I've probably had 5 or 6 SIMs in my current phone - free. The associates at AT&T seem to bend over backward to accomplish what you want, or as close to it as they can, even if they have to bend a few rules.

I don't see any upgrade here, and you should definitely get a credit for everything you paid for the SIMs. (I was an independent dealer - same network - and I got SIMs by the boatload if I asked my rep for them.)

Try a corporate store and,m if they don't help, or if this happened in a corporate store, try a different one.

mike56801

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
Same comment as thejesse. I've probably had 5 or 6 SIMs in my current phone - free. The associates at AT&T seem to bend over backward to accomplish what you want, or as close to it as they can, even if they have to bend a few rules.

I don't see any upgrade here, and you should definitely get a credit for everything you paid for the SIMs. (I was an independent dealer - same network - and I got SIMs by the boatload if I asked my rep for them.)

Try a corporate store and,m if they don't help, or if this happened in a corporate store, try a different one.

I have been with At&t/Cingular for years and have never been charged for a sim card. An Authorized location tried to charge my dad $25 for a sim card years ago so I told him go to a corperate about a mile away. AT&T corperate won't activate a sim card on my account since I have the Nationwide 450 minutes with rollover and unlimited data with 1500 text bundle. They will write the sim card out the system and give it to me for free.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Any time that I have had an issue, call AT&T and if first line doesn't help, go to Customer Relations. Given our 22 year history, they have been very accommodating.

Posted via the Android Central App