cricket wireless unlimited

rocknrollover

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
I'm using at&t right now has great reception where I live but I see cricket wireless has unlimited 4glte for about the same I'm paying now how are cricket speeds compared to at&t.

Posted via the Android Central App on my ZTE Zmax 2

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm using at&t right now has great reception where I live but I see cricket wireless has unlimited 4glte for about the same I'm paying now how are cricket speeds compared to at&t.

The last time I checked ATT throttles Cricket LTE speed to 8mb and HSPA to 4mb. Once you hit your high speed data limit, depending on your plan, it's reduced to 128kb. I'm on the 2.5gb plan for $35 a month(taxes included) after autopay and coverage has been great for me with Cricket.

rocknrollover

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
The plan I was looking at is a no contact for 70.00 a month with unlimited data,if you do auto renew they take $5.00 off my plan I have now is 60.00 for 5 gigs just not enough for me..😂.

UDPGuy

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
The plan I was looking at is a no contact for 70.00 a month with unlimited data,if you do auto renew they take $5.00 off my plan I have now is 60.00 for 5 gigs just not enough for me..😂.

Throttled to 8mbs on LTE, and could be throttled worse if you use above the 23(?)gb limit and on a congested tower

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(9898026)

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
Most people I've talked to seem happy with the speeds and say it's generally more than enough for what they need. You could always test it out right before the end of the att bill cycle to see how it compares and then switch right at the end of the att bill cycle, like two days before the new cycle starts that way there wouldn't be much overlap.

Everyone seems more than satisfied with their cricket speeds so shouldn't be a huge problem unless over certain GB or during heavy congestion

rocknrollover

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
The plan says unlimited data so I take it no limit,my dad has cricket with a simple flipphone never complains of bad service for the money just to good of deals to not try them plus I have a few tower's within sight so should have great reception going to have to call them.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Throttled to 8mbs on LTE, and could be throttled worse if you use above the 23(?)gb limit and on a congested tower

Cricket doesn't have this in their terms. Currently there is no threshold for being de-prioritized. I believe due to the speed caps.

TWC42

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I used Cricket for four months, and the service was good. Just want to point out a few negatives that I found along the way.
No hotspot on the unlimited plan at this time. On lesser plans, hotspot available for $10 extra, but only on certain phones that Cricket provides. Cricket is slow, if ever, to update phones to the latest software. Cricket does not support the AT&T Microcell.
For many who just want the inexpensive service and don't care about flagship phones, Cricket is a good deal.

aximtreo

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
The last time I checked ATT throttles Cricket LTE speed to 8mb and HSPA to 4mb. Once you hit your high speed data limit, depending on your plan, it's reduced to 128kb. I'm on the 2.5gb plan for $35 a month(taxes included) after autopay and coverage has been great for me with Cricket.

Other than signal strength , are there any little things you find annoying about Cricket? Do you travel out of your normal area and if you do, how is signal strength. I use less than 1 gb of data per month at present so throttling won't be a major concern.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Other than signal strength , are there any little things you find annoying about Cricket? Do you travel out of your normal area and if you do, how is signal strength. I use less than 1 gb of data per month at present so throttling won't be a major concern.

I will get one of our Ambassadors to comment on this. He has been on all 4 major carriers so he can compare all versus Cricket.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I have been using Cricket for a while now and have had zero issues with it coverage wise. You are getting the same coverage as an AT&T customer just a fraction of the price. You do get throttled once you hit your limit but if that is not an issue then you will be fine. Other than the throttling there is nothing different than an AT&T customer going through AT&T the coverage is exactly the same. I am currently on the unlimited plan and I have two phones on the 2.5 gigabyte plan. We travel a good amount and one of the reasons of switching to Cricket from T-Mobile was for the better coverage.

rocknrollover

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
Well I signed up today with cricket,so far so good videos run seem less don't notice a difference.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Well I signed up today with cricket,so far so good videos run seem less don't notice a difference.

Yep. The speed limit really isn't a hindrance. It will only affect those who download big files. Other than that.. It's excellent for streaming.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I used Cricket for four months, and the service was good. Just want to point out a few negatives that I found along the way.
No hotspot on the unlimited plan at this time. On lesser plans, hotspot available for $10 extra, but only on certain phones that Cricket provides. Cricket is slow, if ever, to update phones to the latest software. Cricket does not support the AT&T Microcell.
For many who just want the inexpensive service and don't care about flagship phones, Cricket is a good deal.

Or get an unlocked phone and not worry about updates from cricket. That is one benefit of GSM carriers.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

I am on verizon (and tested out cricket) and in my area, signal has been as good as on verizon. Now the speeds might be a little slower, but it wasn't anything that made any difference in my day to day use (web browsing, email, youtube, etc. and they all work fine with cricket)

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
A lot more unlocked phones are starting to work on non GSM carriers too.

Yeah but not near as many that come out. Hopefully one day there will be one phone that works on all carriers and no more of this 5 different versions for all carriers. It is still easier in most cases activating on GSM than on verizon because verizon only allows certain phones to work.

UDPGuy

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
Yeah but not near as many that come out. Hopefully one day there will be one phone that works on all carriers and no more of this 5 different versions for all carriers. It is still easier in most cases activating on GSM than on verizon because verizon only allows certain phones to work.

All you need is an active sim and a phone that supports the bands and you're good to go

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia