New Mission In Life - Pay down installments so I can drop AT&T

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
[TL;DR] AT&T Is losing more customers due to their inability to connect with their customers.

Well, I have been with AT&T since before they were bought by Cingular and went back to AT&T. Long Time.

I understand that AT&T tends to be more expensive than other carriers, however, with the extra money you pay, there are some perks. Well, there used to be.

Right now, I am so far under with AT&T that my monthly bill hovers around $500/mo. Installment plans and ETF Fees on contract lines makes it almost impossible to get off their service. I would have to shell out over $2500 to pay everything off and switch.

SO. I am going to be working hard to pay off the installments and drop them like a hot potato.

Why? Here's why:

• Their stupidity when supporting their flagship devices when new OS Versions are relased. (My phone os still on 5.x when the same device on EVERY OTHER carrier is on 6.x)
  • Their lack of communication to their customers
  • Their "discounts" that save you money end up costing you more in the end
  • Their data plans are not flexible and they have no plans to allow customers to stream from premium providers for free (like T-Mobile)
  • They really don't honor their commitments to their customers
  • Their lack of commitment puts their customers at risk when they refuse to release any updates without going through their months long evaluation (I was sent 3 updates in one month for the current month and the 2 months prior)

The list goes on. I am just not in love with the Mother Ship anymore and will be exploring ways to get out of there.

Many of my friends who are with AT&T feel the same way and are looking to switch as well, so it's not just me. :D

Thanks for reading!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried checking out other carriers' offers to buy off your contract from AT&T? Not sure what their limits are, but might be worth taking a look.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
TMO paid out up to like $650 a line to pay off ETF or devices. We bought devices at TMO didn't trade in all our AT&T devices. We turned in some cheap prepaid and very old smartphones that still worked.

You can switch be set with your same number, turn the paperwork into TMO when you get it. Get the refund, pay off AT&T, get the AT&T phones unlocked (if you keep them).

You can do that today and pay minimal down and walk out with a new phone.

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
It sounds like most of your complaints could be fixed by buying unlocked phones instead of AT&T branded phones.

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I agree the op could do unlocked like I did and I still am fine with AT&T. I have the best coverage and now with there new planes if you go over your data you just drop down to 2g speeds.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey