Wonder what the merger will mean for us?
    10-22-2016 06:46 PM
    Probably a lot of content push. CNN, HBO. It would be cool if they included HBO Now to subscribers Also worth remembering, this is for Time Warner, NOT Time Warner Cable. Two different things (and the latter being re-branded to Spectrum soonish). But now AT&T would own a very large phone company, a very large Cable Company (since they purchased DirecTV as well), and now a very large content/media company. Puts them in a very comfy position to reach a lot of people.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-22-2016 08:20 PM
    What SpookDroid says is correct with regard to the cable provider.
    ATT Time Warner??-spectrum.png
    10-22-2016 08:27 PM
    I hope this buyout doesn't get approved. I am an ATT Wireless customer. I also have Charter Triple Play Silver TV and don't want them charging more for the TW owned channels.
    10-23-2016 02:51 PM
    I hope this buyout doesn't get approved. I am an ATT Wireless customer. I also have Charter Triple Play Silver TV and don't want them charging more for the TW owned channels.
    You probably wouldn't...in any case you might actually get a discount (or get them for free) if you're an ATT customer. Or like they've been doing with DirecTV, give you unlimited data if you subscribe to their channels or some sort of promo like that.

What you will see, however, is a push for content. CNN updates via text/notifications? CNN Bloatware? Stuff like that. I'm sure (I hope) they'll be opt-out, but they will be bundled soon.
    10-23-2016 11:29 PM
    You probably wouldn't...in any case you might actually get a discount (or get them for free) if you're an ATT customer. Or like they've been doing with DirecTV, give you unlimited data if you subscribe to their channels or some sort of promo like that.

What you will see, however, is a push for content. CNN updates via text/notifications? CNN Bloatware? Stuff like that. I'm sure (I hope) they'll be opt-out, but they will be bundled soon.
    I enjoy using the Directv app with the free streaming using my brothers Directv login info but it seems that since that has started the LTE internet speed has really taken a hit speed wise. I have the orginal non Uverse/Directv unlimited data plan with only my phone on the account.

Maybe this will mean cheaper HBO for Directv. The way it is now you should get HBO Now. I created a Charter email address for him so he now has access to HBO GO, Showtime, ect.
    10-24-2016 06:16 AM