great data experience

anon(9898026)

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
Not trying to sell people on att just presenting my experience. I'm currently on the 1gb plan that has no overages just throttling when you use up the data. Last cycle I used over 2 and a half gb with no throttling. I didn't have rollover or any bonus data etc. I was surprised they let me go over. I inquired to make sure I wasnt paying 15 a gb or something like that. They told me as long it wasn't congested, and I didn't abuse it they had no problem letting me go over some before throttling kicked in. Anyone else had that happen? I used approx a gb and a half over with no issues.

The bill came out with no extra charges so I'm happy

TWC42

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
What folks on the MSAP are reporting on Howard Forums (AT&T), they are going WAY over their plan without throttling. Haven't read any posts where one has been throttled on MSAP. I believe it will eventually happen, otherwise all savvy customers will just select the 1 GB plan and burn all the data they want.
I was on the MSVP with 2 GB of data, and AT&T generously bestowed upon me an additional 2 GB of data to keep "as long as I didn't change plans". (My son, who was on a 7 GB plan got an additional 5 GB bonus). I was torn about switching to the MSAP and losing that 2 GB bonus, but I felt that I would rather deal with slow data and no overage fees, than hang on to the bonus. To my great joy, when I switched to the 3 GB MSAP, the 2 GB bonus came with it. And now that I hear that folks on the MSAP are not getting throttled, A very satisfied AT&T customer here.

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Not trying to sell people on att just presenting my experience. I'm currently on the 1gb plan that has no overages just throttling when you use up the data. Last cycle I used over 2 and a half gb with no throttling. I didn't have rollover or any bonus data etc. I was surprised they let me go over. I inquired to make sure I wasnt paying 15 a gb or something like that. They told me as long it wasn't congested, and I didn't abuse it they had no problem letting me go over some before throttling kicked in. Anyone else had that happen? I used approx a gb and a half over with no issues.

The bill came out with no extra charges so I'm happy

It's nice to hear stories like this. I would suspect that there aren't a huge number of subscribers on the lower tiered data plans. If they do happen to go over, its probably not by much and its marginal in the grand scheme of things. AT&T would rather ignore a data overage from a lower tiered plan, rather than tack on a fee or throttle the user for a small amount of data. Keep the customer happy. Users who habitually go over their allotted amount are probably the ones throttled.

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
What folks on the MSAP are reporting on Howard Forums (AT&T), they are going WAY over their plan without throttling. Haven't read any posts where one has been throttled on MSAP. I believe it will eventually happen, otherwise all savvy customers will just select the 1 GB plan and burn all the data they want.
I was on the MSVP with 2 GB of data, and AT&T generously bestowed upon me an additional 2 GB of data to keep "as long as I didn't change plans". (My son, who was on a 7 GB plan got an additional 5 GB bonus). I was torn about switching to the MSAP and losing that 2 GB bonus, but I felt that I would rather deal with slow data and no overage fees, than hang on to the bonus. To my great joy, when I switched to the 3 GB MSAP, the 2 GB bonus came with it. And now that I hear that folks on the MSAP are not getting throttled, A very satisfied AT&T customer here.

I'm satisfied with my service and data plan as well. Its the Family Share 20GB for $115 that is no longer available. Once I change my plan, I'd have to go to 16GB for $110 or 25GB for $133 a month. Maybe AT&T wants people to jump out of these "discontinued" plans.

anon(9898026)

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
Ill eventually go up to the next tier I'm pretty sure but it's nice to be able to go over. I definitely won't abuse it since I want them to continue doing it that way instead of immediate throttle. I figure if you go way over consistently that's when they'll crack down.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
GReat stories guys! We have an older 20gig rollover family plan that we only get charged $110 per month for 2 lines on BYOD plans. SO our pan won't change until we change it.

anon(9898026)

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
Looks like att throttles now after using the data so I'm hoping they bring out some updated plans. If not I may end up on T-Mobile or the new Verizon plan. Both seem to have better data deals than att now.Still have reservations though about switching

Last edited:

AspenQn

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
pure1500, funny because I am thinking about switching over to ATT from Verizon because I think the new ATT/Directv Unlimited Plan sounds like a great plan. The only thing I'm not sure about doing is taking the "free" phone, as with the Galaxy S8 just weeks away, it just doesn't make sense to take credits to pay full price for the phone. I may be better off just switching over to ATT and taking my Galaxy S6Edge with me. We're moving to a rural area with crummy internet service so will probably use our phones a lot more.

anon(9898026)

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
Yeah it's a tough decision since coverage wise and general customer service att has been great. It's the plans I wish were better. The dtv unlimited is a pretty decent deal.

I'll definitely weigh the options before I do anything.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar