Att locked me out of my online acct.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Well in short. Last night I ported my 3 lines from att to TMO. I went to log in to pay my bill and I'm locked out... I was with them for 8 years of post paid service. Never had any issues paying bills. So is this going to be a nightmare to pay my final bill? I'm also sure they will want their microcell tower back as well.

Always had great CS from them but I know this may be the norm but it felt un-needed. In any case anyone else experiencing this after porting non contracted numbers?

Just wondering! Thanks guys.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Well in short. Last night I ported my 3 lines from att to TMO. I went to log in to pay my bill and I'm locked out... I was with them for 8 years of post paid service. Never had any issues paying bills. So is this going to be a nightmare to pay my final bill? I'm also sure they will want their microcell tower back as well.

Always had great CS from them but I know this may be the norm but it felt un-needed. In any case anyone else experiencing this after porting non contracted numbers?

Just wondering! Thanks guys.
Most likely it's just because it's a closed account; I'd recommend calling customer service.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks but I would have thought it would have been left open for payment. I can give them a call but I was just a little bit annoyed. 😋

7AndTRT

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
No, because the amount owing is prorated and not accurate once an account is closed. You are generally billed one month ahead, so you'll see a prorated amount for the amount of service used minus the amount of service you had paid for and didn't use.

If they left it open and you paid it as normal, it would create a billing mess. Wait for your prorated final bill.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Anytime you part a number from AT&T I have found out, will immediately close the account and do logging in online will no longer be possible. The only time this won't happen is if you still have another line activated on the same account. The only time I had the online account login stay active for a month or two was when I called to cancel my account.

You can either call to pay the final bill or they will mail your final bill to you.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Anytime you part a number from AT&T I have found out, will immediately close the account and do logging in online will no longer be possible. The only time this won't happen is if you still have another line activated on the same account. The only time I had the online account login stay active for a month or two was when I called to cancel my account.

You can either call to pay the final bill or they will mail your final bill to you.

All carriers do this -- once you port all your lines out the online account gets canceled. You should get a paper copy of the bill and most likely have to call to pay.

When I ported to Verizon recently my T-Mobile account was no longer active.

Most likely it's just because it's a closed account; I'd recommend calling customer service.

This.