I currently use straight talk and the 10 gig plan. Which winds up being nearly $60 all said and done each month.

I see this plan from att for 60 after a rebate for autopay. The promise of 22 gigs before being throttled is alluring. I tend to use up my data once in a while.

I see this information that I have screen shotted though. They mention restricting speed while watching videos. I'm not technical enough to fully understand what effect that would have for me in the real world. Is this something straight talk also does and I'm just not aware? I tend to watch a lot of videos when I'm passing a slow night at work and some of them are 780p. Would I notice a reduction in quality and/or more buffering than I currently do on straight talk if I made this switch?

Any insight is much appreciated.
    04-14-2017 11:43 AM
    Bump!

😊
    04-20-2017 07:48 AM
    Hey @mwemaxxowner!

I can't really speak to Straight Talk plans, but I can say that based on your requirements of occasionally watching 720p video, I wouldn't recommend the plan you mentioned. When it detects video, it will limit your bandwidth to 1.5 Mbps which would cause your video to load slow, buffer a lot, and pixelate.

I'd love for you to switch over to us, but I'd hate to give you false expectations and have you end up with a bad experience.

The plan that would work for you is the Unlimited Plus which would bump your cost up. That would provide you with much greater speeds and make watching videos on your mobile device an enjoyable experience. If you ever do decide to switch, that would be my recommendation.

I'm not a salesman (I'm tech support), so if you have other questions or need recommendations, I'm totally here to help. I promise I'll always give you my honest answer.
    04-24-2017 07:06 PM