I suddenly have a hotspot

Note8uzer

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
To my surprise, I checked today and I can enable my phone to be a Hotspot. In the past this option was disabled. Is this something AT&T has enabled for free or will I get screwed in the end using it?

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Tread carefully here, using your device as a router will cost you data, and if your passwords aren't strong, you can get hacked. That's not to say you shouldn't do it, just be aware of the ramifications...

prolongExistence

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I just noticed the hotspot is only when I'm on WiFi. If I have WiFi off, it won't work

That doesn't make any sense. Why would you need to use a hotspot only when you're on wifi? If wifi is available then you would just connect your other device to that rather than connect to your phone.

Anyway, I've been with at&t for over 3 years and have always had a hotspot available. I use it every night at work to tether my Chromebook & have never had an issue.

mike568

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
That doesn't make any sense. Why would you need to use a hotspot only when you're on wifi? If wifi is available then you would just connect your other device to that rather than connect to your phone.

Anyway, I've been with at&t for over 3 years and have always had a hotspot available. I use it every night at work to tether my Chromebook & have never had an issue.

My Galaxy S7 has this feature also. It could be useful if you were somewhere that charged per wifi device connected to their wifi. I am assuming the op has the orginal unlimited data plan that doesn't work with hotspot offically.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz