I am getting ready to unlock and sell 2 T-Mobile S8's. I am wondering if they would work on AT&T if they were unlocked.

Thanks
    06-10-2017 11:07 PM
    They should work on ATT.
    06-12-2017 10:28 AM
    They will work but you won't get the full advanced feature experience. Namely, no VoLTE, HD Voice, Wifi Calling, Video calling... I think there is a modification to make at least some of that work, but that's outside of the realm of the average user.
    rickms80 likes this.
    06-16-2017 11:48 AM
    I am getting ready to unlock and sell 2 T-Mobile S8's. I am wondering if they would work on AT&T if they were unlocked.

Thanks
    How much are you selling the phone for?
    06-20-2017 11:47 PM
    you can do video calling using Google Duo
    07-21-2017 07:26 PM
    insert another network sim in your phone and then if your phone ask to enter unlock code then its possible to unlock it, otherwise t-mobile also provide device unlock app in phone to unlock
    10-07-2017 06:32 AM
    I Chatted up with AT&T today on the matter and I'm not calling out "bassoprofundo" or saying hes wrong, I know how some reps can be less than accurate. But you never know if and when things change.
    I also admit there may be something I'm missing here so here is the part of the chat trans script where I asked about features on my unlocked phone.
    I'm due to get my P2XL 10/30-31 and I'll post what happens at the store.

Me : Is this true? With Unlocked devices on AT&T and you won't get any of AT&T enhanced services. No wifi calling, no HD Voice, Advanced Text Messaging, built in Video Calling from the dialer, etc.

Jessica : No worries at all
    Jessica : If you bring your own device with us, you will be able to enjoy all those features without any problem
    Jessica : You only need to make sure the Google pixel is wifi calling capable

Me : It is wifi calling capable. So in a nut shell, going from a pre to post paid opens the advanced features we spoke of from the go phone 2Gb to the 3 Gb Mobile share advantage plan?

Jessica : That is correct
    Jessica : For just $60/mo with your own device without any contract
    Jessica : So you will be able to enjoy all this features without any problem
    Law2138 likes this.
    10-14-2017 06:20 PM
    I Chatted up with AT&T today on the matter and I'm not calling out "bassoprofundo" or saying hes wrong, I know how some reps can be less than accurate. But you never know if and when things change.
    I also admit there may be something I'm missing here so here is the part of the chat trans script where I asked about features on my unlocked phone.

Me : Is this true? With Unlocked devices on AT&T and you won't get any of AT&T enhanced services. No wifi calling, no HD Voice, Advanced Text Messaging, built in Video Calling from the dialer, etc.

Jessica : If you bring your own device with us, you will be able to enjoy all those features without any problem

Me : It is wifi calling capable. So in a nut shell, going from a pre to post paid opens the advanced features we spoke of from the go phone 2Gb to the 3 Gb Mobile share advantage plan?

Thanks for sharing. Anxious to hear what your results are with those features.
    10-23-2017 04:45 PM
    I took my Nexus 5x there today and moved from prepay to post pay and got all the perks my device is capable of as promised. Apparently they wised up.

Well no Pixel 2xl for me. Google has merged into the mainstream along with the big three and doing it poorly. Before all this hit the press I went to Verizon to handle one and hated it.
    The speakers are dual front facing but anemic. My 5x is stronger.
    The screen did not impress and the viewing angle was not good. There was slight burn in.
    Google used to provide a value for less. Cloud storage is meh for me. Dont need or trust it.

So I am rocking my 5x on a fresh Oreo install and not aggravated one bit. I'm sitting back to see who is going to bat cleanup with a device to compete. I like the OnePlus line up of lots of RAM and the 835 and they are up to something. I'm in no rush.
    10-24-2017 11:59 PM

I wish I knew who you talked to. I was told no wifi calling and no VoLTE if your phone is an unlocked, non AT&T phone. I have an HTC U11 that's fully capable of wifi calling but AT&T said its not available for customers using a non AT&T phone. I did try it and it doesn't work. Funny thing I put my coworkers T Mobile Sim in my phone and wifi calling worked fine so its AT&T that is my problem. I just wish T Mobil service was reliable in more places, I am a field service engineer and tried T Mobile for a month, way to many dead zones with no service, if their coverage improves I'll dump AT&T in a second.
    11-20-2017 09:34 PM
    I have a note 8 unlocked that I bought directly from Samsung and I can confirm that I do not have any of the enhanced features despite asking multiple times. I also have an AT&T branded S8 that I'll switch back and forth on so clearly they are forcing the issue. It's disappointing that they won't allow me to use the features of my unlocked phone but it is what it is at this point.
    11-20-2017 09:50 PM
    Well I don't use any of it but tell me how to test it. I have it in writing as you can see. I'll test it and let you know if you point me at it.
    11-20-2017 11:43 PM
    OK, I am making WiFi calls using Google Voice now integrated into Hangouts. As of Version 4.0 WiFi calling can be done in Hangouts.
    I just set it up. When setup get the Hangouts dialer apk too.

The real reason I wanted all the features enabled was for my Dodge Charger Uconnect to see if it would enable the Messaging feature. It did not.

But yes I am WiFi calling. I tested it both ways to and from my land line.

I use an unlocked Google 5x on AT&T post pay.
    11-23-2017 09:18 PM
    I have a note 8 unlocked that I bought directly from Samsung and I can confirm that I do not have any of the enhanced features despite asking multiple times. I also have an AT&T branded S8 that I'll switch back and forth on so clearly they are forcing the issue. It's disappointing that they won't allow me to use the features of my unlocked phone but it is what it is at this point.
    Same here. I switched to AT&T from VZW and factory unlocked Moto Z Play has no VoLTE , even though the Droid Version of it has VoLTE on Verizon. I called today after activating my new Z Play to see if there is anything to be done, so my network connectivity is not messed up once I dial a number. It drops to Hspa or 3G add right after phone tries to re-connect to LTE, but at times it gets stuck. They got my IMEI right , I got a new SIM , etc and I still don't have that Enhanced Voice - over LATE. Of course, didn't even bother asking for WiFi calling.
    Did
    Wondering if and when they make it possible for this phone.
    12-15-2017 02:47 AM
    Same here. I switched to AT&T from VZW and factory unlocked Moto Z Play has no VoLTE , even though the Droid Version of it has VoLTE on Verizon. I called today after activating my new Z Play to see if there is anything to be done, so my network connectivity is not messed up once I dial a number. It drops to Hspa or 3G add right after phone tries to re-connect to LTE, but at times it gets stuck. They got my IMEI right , I got a new SIM , etc and I still don't have that Enhanced Voice - over LATE. Of course, didn't even bother asking for WiFi calling.
    Did
    Wondering if and when they make it possible for this phone.
    AT&T is down right stupid when it comes to unlocked phones, they will not allow an unlocked phone to work with their WiFi calling and Voice over LTE. I tried on several unlocked phones and the answer I get from AT&T support is "sorry those features do not work on our network" which means that they won't allow it because the phones are definitely capable of using it.
    12-15-2017 08:02 AM