I am considering moving from Verizon to AT&T. Anyone here do that and if so what are your thoughts?
    07-16-2017 08:51 PM
    I have been on Verizon for around 15 years and typically dislike every need for contact. However, most my office is on AT&T and have the same complaint.
    If your leaving to improve your service experience it's probably a wash.
    But like with politicians there should be term limits. If we all moved around every 4 or 5 years it would probably help to keep them more competitive.
    With that said, good luck on your move.
    JoshDunc likes this.
    07-16-2017 09:00 PM
    I switched from AT&T (10+ years) because the rates kept climbing and you got very little for that extra money. We were on a shared data family plan. And no matter how many times I tried finding a decent deal with them, it always ended up being way overpriced for what you get.

We bailed and switched to T-Mobile. Now we have many more perks and now how unlimited data for all fam members and are saving almost $60 a month over AT&T.

I highly recommend looking at TMO first before you jump to AT&T.
    dakini03 likes this.
    08-16-2017 09:25 AM
    One thing to check is the cell coverage in the areas you live and work. Coverage varies from carrier to carrier for any given location.
    aximtreo likes this.
    08-16-2017 03:25 PM
    I switched from AT&T (10+ years) because the rates kept climbing and you got very little for that extra money. We were on a shared data family plan. And no matter how many times I tried finding a decent deal with them, it always ended up being way overpriced for what you get.

We bailed and switched to T-Mobile. Now we have many more perks and now how unlimited data for all fam members and are saving almost $60 a month over AT&T.

I highly recommend looking at TMO first before you jump to AT&T.
    I agree. Always good to weigh the options
    08-16-2017 05:06 PM
    I left Verizon for T-Mobile. After 4 months for me the service was very spotty. I switched to att and haven't had a issue yet after two months. Hopefully it holds up.
    08-23-2017 04:49 PM
    how has att been lately (in general)? in most spots I can usually get by with any of the four carriers
    10-19-2017 02:49 PM
    I am considering moving from Verizon to AT&T. Anyone here do that and if so what are your thoughts?
    Wife and I switched from Verizon to AT&T a few years back because for some reason Verizon had a dead spot at her new school (she's a librarian).

For me the service, like someone said earlier, is a wash. I like the ability to purchase unlocked phones and use them on the network. Also, since we are direct TV subscribers, we now save $20 a month just for having both.
    10-24-2017 10:09 PM
    To answer the question of whether ATT service is good or not depends on your location. I live in Seattle and have driven on family road trips all along the West coast and Southwest with excellent coverage for both voice and LTE data. I'm very happy with the service and data speed and don't have any complaints. I've also found customer service via online chat or in person at the ATt store excellent.
    10-25-2017 05:46 AM
    I left Vzw for AT&T alittle over a month ago and have zero regrets. I haven't noticed any difference in coverage at all which was my main concern when we switched. I left VZW primarily because they stopped offering the annual upgrade options with 50% of devices paid and I like to upgrade my devices often. The pricing is pretty much the same at AT&T but I actually end up saving about $100 per month by subscribing to DTV vs staying with my previous cable subscription.
    10-26-2017 12:43 PM