Thinking about switching to ATT. I'm in the Chicago area and using a Droid turbo 2 on pre pay to test the network. It's okay, not great, could be the phone. Thoughts? How is ATT in in small, rural areas?
    10-05-2018 08:49 AM
    It depends on the particular ara. here in North Carolina, where there aren't many people who would buy $100-$1,000 phones, they have almost no coverage. But in areas between towns that would have customers, they have good coverage. (I did the same as you - a $10 TracFone to test the coverage. My Note didn't get any different coverage once I determined that AT&T covered what I needed. If they don't give the cheap phone decent coverage, I'd try a different cheap phone - TMO or Verizon - before being stuck with an $800 phone that didn't get good coverage.)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-05-2018 11:38 AM
    Download this app called "coverage map". It will show you the good and bad of each carrier in whatever area you want to see.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...om.rootmetrics
    10-07-2018 04:35 AM
    Download this app called "coverage map". It will show you the good and bad of each carrier in whatever area you want to see.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...om.rootmetrics
    Thanks for the information. I downloaded and looked at the maps. They are not correct. I checked TMobile and the app said full coverage and I know from being there, it's not covered.
    10-09-2018 04:23 PM