AT&T Primetime vs Lenovo Tab

jkimrey

Aug 26, 2012
Visit site
My AT&T Primetime tablet recently died, so I'm looking for a cheap 10" replacement.

I see the Primetime and Lenovo Tab both on Ebay for reasonable prices.

Any thoughts on one vs the other?

Didn't have any issues with the Primetime until it suddenly stopped charging.

Will be mostly using it as a Android Auto device in my car...

Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I got my daughter the Lenovo Tab 4 8 a while ago, which I think is pretty similar spec-wise to the Tab 4 10. It's a surprisingly decent tablet for the price (I got it new for $129), with a good screen, excellent stereo speakers (with Dolby Atmos sound), and solid build quality. In addition, the Tab 4 series is supposed to get Oreo in November, which is pretty surprising for a budget device: https://www.androidpolice.com/2018/06/22/lenovo-tab4-series-set-get-android-8-1-oreo-november-2018/

jkimrey

Aug 26, 2012
Visit site
I got my daughter the Lenovo Tab 4 8 a while ago, which I think is pretty similar spec-wise to the Tab 4 10. It's a surprisingly decent tablet for the price (I got it new for $129), with a good screen, excellent stereo speakers (with Dolby Atmos sound), and solid build quality. In addition, the Tab 4 series is supposed to get Oreo in November, which is pretty surprising for a budget device: https://www.androidpolice.com/2018/06/22/lenovo-tab4-series-set-get-android-8-1-oreo-november-2018/

It looks like the 10" AT&T version is the X704A model which isn't mentioned in the Oreo article. Wonder if it is the plus model trend referenced?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Oh, sorry -- I didn't realize the Lenovo Tab 4 you were looking at is an AT&T branded version. Carrier-branded tablets often don't get any major updates, so that takes away one of the advantages I thought the Lenovo had.