AT&T vs Verizon

johnmcc0710

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I am currently on Verizon and am happy but am planning on getting a new phone and adding a line. I thought about adding one to AT&T and eventually moving since I do have Uverse. Looking at the rates they seem pretty close and from what I read coverage is about the same.

Does anyone else have any feelings either way? I am not in the position to completely switch carriers but thought this might be a possibility/

Thanks

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
If the financial differences are not big enough, I would take a look at the third-party coverage maps to see which carrier is better in your areas for home and work.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You don't decide by price. Free cellphone service is useful if you don't get coverage where you need coverage.

First determine coverage. (For instance, where I live, there's a whole town that AT&T doesn't cover at all, but TMobile covers like a blanket.) Verizon covers more places, AT&T covers more people, meaning that their coverage covers different places, places with more people who will use AT&T. (Which is why the situation here - most of the people in that town are on Lifeine covderage, because $5/month is far too expensive for them.)

Then, IF AT&T covers every spot you need (and since dead spots can be as small as one square foot and a few inches thick, I mean "spot", not the street in front of your office building, but sitting at your desk where you usually sit, and on your desk where you usually put your phone), it's your choice.

"About the same" could easily mean that Verizon gives you the coverage you need, but AT&T doesn't cover a single place you need. Need to call your wife, and can't use the office phone so you'll just use your cellphone? But there's a blizzard in progress and it's 4°F outside - and you checked for AT&T coverage in the parking lot - but not at your desk? Happy snowman by the time she answers the call.

udazavlanje

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I switched from Verizon and can't wait to go back. the only reason is that in locked in with 2 lines...
Verizon has better coverage and faster data. Better customer service. And to my surprise better support for factory unlocked devices - way more brands and models get VoLTE on Verizon compared to ATT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech