Cellmapper.net. What am I looking at? Towers?

cnotes2016

Aug 24, 2017
Visit site
123155ae7ef18a9460d70d9d69c2864b.png

Tmobile

3fd8c1ad5dea5ecfe70222a28c8fe8a7.png

At&t

e50cac32a8372fb56cb60c6f5747e4fa.png

Sprint

2a5cb51dc0967bd254dead9f9bc5f8e6.png

Verizon

What should I be taking away from this info? I have service with all four carriers (phones/hotspots) who has me covered better? What would serve me best from a booster etc? At&t gives me best service generally speaking. My sprint hotspot used to be blazing fast but now just like At&t hotspots. Verizon is a close second to At&t except with hotspots which are mediocre. Tmobile phone is okay. Need to use it more I guess. I really want to get the best out of my hotspots with At&t, Verizon and sprint. Thanks

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Cellmapper isn't used to determine which carrier will give you the best signal in an urban area, only a cell strength app can do that. Cellmapper is used to see if there's a tower near you at all - in more rural areas. There may be one available, but you're on the wrong side of a steel building for it to do you any good. Other than that, it's mainly for curiosity.

AT&T and Verizon normally have the best coverage in urban areas. TMobile comes behind them, and Sprint is a distant third. If your hotspots are at fixed locations, just measure the signal strengths of the carriers at each location. If you'll be moving, find dead spots and see if another carrier covers that spot.

cnotes2019

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Cellmapper isn't used to determine which carrier will give you the best signal in an urban area, only a cell strength app can do that. Cellmapper is used to see if there's a tower near you at all - in more rural areas. There may be one available, but you're on the wrong side of a steel building for it to do you any good. Other than that, it's mainly for curiosity.

AT&T and Verizon normally have the best coverage in urban areas. TMobile comes behind them, and Sprint is a distant third. If your hotspots are at fixed locations, just measure the signal strengths of the carriers at each location. If you'll be moving, find dead spots and see if another carrier covers that spot.

What cell strength app would you recommend? I just not my Verizon hotspots are barely better than my sprint hotspots. They are at fixed locations sort of. I have moved them around our house to see any difference. I want to buy a WiFi booster that’s perfect and or antennas to help but I read antennas don’t offer much benefit. So idk.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad