Has someone in here used NoteCastle from NoteCastle ?

This optimized-for-tablets note-taking app comes with a free puter version (which requires the Java Runtime Environment), provides a folder structure (manages its own files), and, according to its website, is appropriate for "memos, todo lists, cooking recipes, check lists etc."

The same developer offers DateStone Calendar which doesn't sync with Google---precisely the type of calendar I want in my Thrive tablet.

I find no reviews on NoteCastle and only two (excellent) consumer reviews on DateStone. Since Android Market apps aren't vetted prior to release in the market, I'm hesitant to purchase items from a dev who is unknown to me.

Does anyone in here have personal experience with either of these apps? If so, I'd surely appreciate your opinions/advice.
    09-27-2011 11:08 AM
    For easy syncing of notes between your phone/tablet and PC check out Springpad on the market. Can't get any easier.
    09-29-2011 01:30 PM
    Thnaks for the suggestion, and I have checked Springpad; however I want a local note-taking app and a local calendar app for my Thrive tab. In other words, I want my stuff to be on the local client only----not on a public server such as google, evernote, springpad . . .
    09-29-2011 02:25 PM
    Thnaks for the suggestion, and I have checked Springpad; however I want a local note-taking app and a local calendar app for my Thrive tab. In other words, I want my stuff to be on the local client only----not on a public server such as google, evernote, springpad . . .
    If you don't trust the security, (they all can be made private), and you only want it on your, (local) computer, the only options I can think of would be a VPN, RDP or something like LogMeIn or GoToMyPC.
    09-29-2011 07:46 PM
    Uhhhhh . . . a Toshiba Thrive tablet isn't what most users consider a personal puter . . . Usually, desktops and laptops are referred to as PCs . . .

I use Outlook 2010 on all of my puters. As stated in both my posts above, I need these local apps on my Thrive.
    09-29-2011 08:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD