PDAnet Tablet on Thrive w/ EVO 4G

hodgestl

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Team, I am a real newby so please be patient with me. I have a Sprint EVO 4G and have just gotten a Toshiba Thrive tablet, wifi only. I love both. As you might guess I am trying to use my phones data plan to do web-surfing on my tablet.

I have managed to get the PDANet Tablet app installed on both devices, and once I set the proxy correctly, I even managed to get both devices to show CONNECTED and stay connected for over 20 minutes. However, I have not actually gotten the link to share any data. I have not been able to get any data from the stock browser to load on the Thrive at all. So the fact that it is CONNECTED doesn't help. I get the same response as if it wasn't connected. It looks like I am real close, but I don't know what else to do or try.

Does anyone have a very simple step by step I could try to get this to work? I see lots of info in forumes where this should work. Thank you in advance.

hodgestl

RickMG

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Root your EVO and get wifi Tether. It works great. You just use the tablet's wifi to connect to the network.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21