Drafting on Android

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I've been looking without any real success for a genuine drafting program. To be fair there don't seem to be any decent ones for iPad either. I am looking for a program that allows me to precisely define drawing elements and place them exactly. This not anything at all like freehand drawing - those programs are easy to find. The closest I can find is on iPad - programs like Touchdraw and iDesign, but even those lack true CAD features. Programs like Autodesks' Sketchbook are nice and well done, but not even close to what I need. Something with features like Autocad (well, a subset of those features :) or CadStd, which is awesome on a PC.

Defining a line to be 1.255" long and of a particular type and at a particular angle. Defining a circle to be precisely 1.065" diameter and centered at an exact X-Y coordinate. Making precise semi-circles, fillets, etc. These are things I need. The ability to sync to Dropbox or Box would be good.

Anyone?

My preferred platform is an Asus EEE Pad Transformer. I also have a Lenovo IdeaPad, which is just OK.

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Nope. Seen 'em. Most of them are not apps at all. Believe me, I've looked at everything that says CAD, Drafting, Vector, Drawing, etc in Android Market. There are other sources out there. I suppose that's what I'm hoping to find.

Thanks tho!

Don't know if it helps, but a quick search revealed these results. I don't have nor have ever used CAD but thought these might help.