In my quest to become more productive (at least that is what I am telling myself), and being too cheap to buy a new video card and a second monitor, I thought about using my Touchpad running ICS as a second monitor. I did some research and it seems like the 3 that are used are iDisplay ($4.99), ScreenSlider ($1.99) and Air Display ($4.99). I don't really mind paying the 5 bucks for the app, so that isn't a concern. I am just more concerned with how they work. None of them seem to have all that great of reviews, but I was curious if anyone has had any feedback on them. I don't plan on playing games on it, or streaming video or anything like that. I basically just want to have it open so I can drag an excel file or something to it, so I don't have to keep swapping windows back and forth when doing things..

Anyone have any feedback on any of these apps? My first inclination is to go with the cheapest one, as it has pretty decent reviews and go from there..

Thanks
    05-22-2012 10:12 AM
    Mileage varies. Some tablets use a different screen resolution or digitizer or pixel configuration which makes developing these kind of apps a challenge. This all before different version or Android and Custom ROMs. Google has tools toto help developers with these problem but not all of them work as intended.

The point line is to try it. Look under the reviews to see who likes it with your tablet

Google Play has a trial feature where you get a refund if the app doesn't work. However you have to request a refund within 15 minutes of the official download
    05-22-2012 01:55 PM
    Thats for that. I actually bought all 3 of them, 1 at a time, and none of them seemed to work with my tablet. Some of it might have been the wifi at our office, and some of it might be that there is something going on with the touchpad/android, but I tried them all with no luck..

Ohh well... Thanks anyway though..
    05-23-2012 11:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD