Backing Track Player

monkeytoad

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi Guys and Gals

I've been looking at the app Backing Track Player, looks like it could be a good substitute for the mini disk player I currently use on stage, has anyone tested the app on a Galaxy Tab 7, also does anyone have the Apk they could post or email it to me for me to try, would be very much appreciated thanks.

dcmike

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I have been doing a solo for 20 years and after a series of DJ programs, etc, for MP3's - I have found the best solution ever is Windows Media Player and a cheap netbook with a USB footswitch, programmable to WMP's keyboard shortcut for stop and resume (Ctrl P - I believe). In selecting a CHEAP netbook remember that hi-rez graphics are irrelevant and so is a great soundcard. I bought a Soundblaster X-FI Express that can turn any cheap netbook into HI-FI for $39.99 - much cheaper than selecting a computer for it's audio excellence.

The footswitch lets you pause and resume your playlist. I bought one, with easy-program software, for $39.95
With Windows Media Player you can mix mp3 and midi in the same playlist - and WMP is FREE

You can divide your night up into 3 or 4 Windows Media Player playlists of stuff you normally do first set, second set, etc. Load up a list and WMP lets you quickly rearrange the order each time. You can load up a set quickly, not get stale playing the same order and still not duplicate songs you did earlier in later sets. When you do song lists on the fly, you always end up forgetting you played "song X" two sets ago.

PS - Mini Disk is 20 old tech, you have to hand-load media, etc. Bad choice

Last edited:

Miomek

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
Hello,
Look for Backing Track Studio at google play.

It is specially designed for playing backing tracks and for performing. You will find all the features like auto pause songs, font adjustment and other, plus a very clean interface. Also, you can easily access external micro sd card on KitKat and above. Enjoy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2