ThinkFree Office Mobile: Can I Open a .txt File in ThinkFree Writer?

jdanniel

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I'm running a Google Nexus 7. My question has to do with an app called ThinkFree Office Suite. If anyone is familiar with this app, perhaps you would be willing to assist me, please.

I've downloaded and installed ThinkFree Office Suite, and am working with the word processor part. Quite simply, I was wondering if it is possible to open a plain text file that was created with a different app.

I figured out how to access the DOCUMENTS folder on the SD card from within ThinkFree Writer. There are a few .docx files there, which I did create with ThinkFree. However, there is also a .txt file in the folder that I created with a note-taking app.

Is it possible to open the .txt file in ThinkFree Writer? If so, what is the procedure? I can't figure out how to do it, or if it is even possible.

Thank you! J. Danniel

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
-Go to the play store
-download kingsoft office
-problem solved

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Android Central Forums

jdanniel

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Problem definitely not solved.

I installed Kingsoft and tried it before installing ThinkFree. I almost immediately uninstalled it. Why? It is incompatible with Swype. When I use Kingsoft with Swype, there are no spaces between the words.

Let's please remain focused on ThinkFree. Thank you.

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Problem definitely not solved.

I installed Kingsoft and tried it before installing ThinkFree. I almost immediately uninstalled it. Why? It is incompatible with Swype. When I use Kingsoft with Swype, there are no spaces between the words.

Let's please remain focused on ThinkFree. Thank you.

As a Swype lover for my phone, I sympathize. I can see how you'd miss it on your 7" tab.

Have you tried accessing the file through a file explorer, long pressing and choosing "open with"? If so, I did Think Free pop up as an option?
Alternatively, I use an app for converting PPT to PDF that I got from the play store. I believe I saw one that also does txt conversion. Also, it may be just a matter of setting the preferences in Think Free to scan for txt files and index them.

If none of those work, I can only suggest that on a tablet, SwiftKey is superior to Swype, and Kingsoft is superior to ThinkFree. Maybe give that setup a try and see if you like it.

P. s. have you downloaded the newest Swype beta? That one may be compatible.

jdanniel

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for replying again. We're making progress.

I've tried SwiftKey, and I like it, but unless I am mistaken (please let me know if I am), it doesn't let you "glide" along the keys, like Swype and Slide-It. I've grown to enjoy using that technique quite a bit.

The beta of Swype was what I was using. I have since replaced it with Slide-It and had no problems getting it to work with Kingsoft.

I've also dabbled with a few various word processing programs. Note-taking programs such as Evernote or Jota or Notepad 4.0 are all good, but having something that supports Word is more practical, since I'm an avid Word user.

Right now, I'm enjoying Documents to Go 3.0. I'll give SwiftKey another try, since I can switch between keyboards if I so choose. Thanks again. Jd

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I tried kingsoft on my phone, and Polaris, which came stock. Swype won't space on either for me :mad:

I am a tablet power user. I use mine for grad school all day. I have to say that handwriting apps are the way to go, especially when paired with evernote. I actually convert everything to pdf and Mark them with lecturenotes.

Also, have you tried dictation with Swype? It uses the Dragon dictation engine and it is super accurate. I don't know what dictation engine swift uses, but they may provide a good option too.

Sent from my Viper 4G LTE on the "coming soon" network

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I did this all in one recording with Swype, no errors, no breaks, using Polaris. It seems that as long as you are connected to WiFi, typing is obsolete.

Sent from my Viper 4G LTE on the "coming soon" network

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1348437195782.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348437195782.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2