Best Remote Access App for Nexus 7

Corey Bryant

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I am going into the hospital this week and there is a slight chance that I might need to go into a rehab facility for a week depending on how well the knee operation goes.

I would like to be able to access my computer while gone, so I can convert .tivo files if HBO / Netflix / Hulu gets boring. Plus if I need a password, SPB Software does not have a compatible app yet for the Nexus 7.

Which (one)s have you found that work well? We are using the Cisco / Linksys E4200v2 .

Thank you!

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I used Remote Desktop Client by Xtralogic with their 30 day trial period. It worked very well on my Nexus 7.

Setup and connection was simple using the Xtralogic software you setup on your computer. I set the resolution to automatic, if I remember correctly, and it nicely filled the entire screen of my N7. Navigation using my finger as an offset mouse also worked well. You can set the keyboard to pop up automatically or manually when in an input field. I preferred enabling it manually. Keep in mind that my experience was using it on my local WiFi network, so I was satisfied by the speed. I'm sure it and other similar apps are much slower over an internet (or whatever it's called) connection.

The only reason I didn't buy it after the trial ended was because I really didn't need it since I use my Nexus 7 only at home where my computer is located. I couldn't justify the $15 or whatever that the app costs. When I have a need, I'll probably buy this one, but maybe I'll test a couple others first.

Oh, I also tried PocketCloud. It worked well enough, but the mouse control wasn't my favorite, and it somehow messed up the audio driver on my Vista computer. I did a restore to get it back, but maybe a restart would have worked. Either way, it kind of turned me off of PocketCloud.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar