04-16-2017 04:15 AM
379 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    I go settings. I see Apps, and chose it. I see three columns, downloaded, SD card, running. If I chose running, then I get an option to see cached. My only option with them is to stop. There are no options to clear cache. After deleting the gmail accounts, stopping anything google related (play store, maps, search, etc), I then turn off the phone, wait a minute and turn it back on. When I add my email account back in, google now tells me I do not have a device. I have tried this half a dozen times. At this point I have not added anything google since the last deleteing and turning off.

How I got to this spot. I've been using an iphone for awhile. I was feeling the need for a change, so I went back to my Motorola Atrix 2 yesterday. I updated the software. I hadn't tried to use Play Store yet. My account with Amazon apps does work. However, some apps I'd like to have are only on google.

thanks
    08-11-2013 10:12 PM
    thanks a ton!!!
    it worked!!!
    unlink and re-linking the gmail account... worked for this prob!!!
    08-13-2013 12:35 AM
    this worked great on my old htc inspire because it wouldn't download apps. thanks sooooo very much for this post!! very helpful!!
    This is the full post from the other site -

Go to "Settings"
    Tap Applications
    Tap Manage Applications
    Select "All"
    Scroll to and tap Google Play Store
    Tap Force Stop, tap OK, tap Clear data, and tap "OK".
    Tap the Back button to get back to the applications list.
    Scroll to and tap Google Service Framework
    Now reboot (switch on & off) your device.
    DeViBos and madra like this.
    08-14-2013 07:13 PM
    This finally worked! Thanks for the straightforward instructions!
    08-17-2013 12:09 AM
    Thanks it's work
    08-17-2013 04:38 AM
    Please i cant download any apps from my tablet. It comes up with the message 'Error retrieving information from server. [RPC:S-5:AEC-0]
    Please I need help on this
    08-20-2013 04:22 PM
    Having trouble downloading apps on new tablet
    08-26-2013 10:20 AM
    I have error downloading in playstore I don't know how to fix it
    08-30-2013 09:59 AM
    You're the man! Totally fixed my problem - my S3 says "thx" too. ^^.
    08-30-2013 08:43 PM
    Thanks..Now its working fine...
    08-31-2013 12:43 AM
    Thank U so much for this info, my daughter is going to be very happy, cause she can now download some nice games.
    09-05-2013 08:47 AM
    TQVM...problem settled.
    09-06-2013 02:37 AM
    did'nt work
    09-08-2013 06:29 AM
    I am new to the android tablet and quite anxious about downloading apps. I have 4.2 and the get this error in Google Play Store error retrieving information from server rpc s-5 aec-0' when I try to get an app. I am using G mail account to sign in and thats the only one 'registered' for google on the tablet. The first app I tried to install was with my 'regular' google id and its not g-mail but then neither would work. I found what you posted...

Go to "Settings"
    Tap Applications
    Tap Manage Applications
    Select "All"

This must be for pre 4.2 because the only thing on 4.2 under settings>apps is the list of apps..downloaded/on sd card/running/all. I have been thru all settings and see nothing about apps management. I was also instructed to use this method by a friend who is super android savvy but he thought I had 4.0. Can you tell me how to fix this problem with 4.2? I had to use Amazon app store and it works great but does not have near as many choices as Google Play

thanks so much
    Terri
    09-13-2013 09:05 AM
    I dont know how to thank you. Thanks a ton.
    09-14-2013 11:48 AM
    This is the full post from the other site -

Go to "Settings"
    Tap Applications
    Tap Manage Applications
    Select "All"
    Works well on my Galaxy note 10.1. Cheers for the help.

Posted via Android Central App
    09-15-2013 05:54 PM
    These tricks of the trade are great and they work but seems I have to remove/add my google id almost every time I want to get apps. This morning I installed several with no problem and an hour later got the dreaded ' RPC server error' OR 'unexpected error has occurred please try later. As a new tablet user it drives me insane.

I have also noticed that sometimes I can install app to tablet by downloading from desktop google play as well as being able to do same from tablet google play store. I can go back and forth to do it on both. This did not work today.....said I was not signed on or didn't have id, something about the cart or something like that on the desktop store. I was signed in on both and I am always signed in to both. I have never paid for an app yet so nothing is in the cart.

Anyone know why this keeps happening?

Thanks

Terri
    09-18-2013 09:15 AM
    Well............Grrrrr. Seems now every time I boot up my 4.2 tablet I have to remove and re-enter my G mail id and password on the tablet in order to download apps from the play store. All the instructions given in this thread work but nothing 'sticks'. At least I know what I have to do but what a royal pain.

Any ideas how to make the changes last?

Terri
    09-19-2013 09:53 AM
    Thanks to Mr. John Haire! currently I'm using Airtyme Picasso DG50 and now I recover the issue as per your instuctions. Thanks once again. Rgds Rajesh
    09-24-2013 02:24 AM
    tried few times the full method to force shut down and clear data method but still on Note 2 get same issue.
    Cannot download a simple game and install it...
    10-02-2013 04:36 PM
    i tried to do all the steps but i dont find in my phone "google service framework"
    how can i solve this problem? HEEEELP =(
    10-02-2013 05:13 PM
    I uninstalled the google play store app from my S3. I then used my phone to search for google play store app. Logged on to website, downloaded/installed new app and no longer receive
    "Error retrieving information from server..." message. Downloads/installs now work from Google Play Store.
    10-02-2013 05:37 PM
    I am new to the android tablet and quite anxious about downloading apps. I have 4.2 and the get this error in Google Play Store ‘error retrieving information from server rpc s-5 aec-0' when I try to get an app. I am using G mail account to sign in and thats the only one 'registered' for google on the tablet. The first app I tried to install was with my 'regular' google id and its not g-mail but then neither would work. I found what you posted...

Go to "Settings"
    Tap “Applications”
    Tap “Manage Applications”
    Select "All"
    Scroll to and tap “Google Play Store”
    Tap “Force Stop”, tap “OK”, tap “Clear data”, and tap "OK".
    Scroll to and tap “Google Service Framework”
    Tap “Force Stop”, tap “OK”, tap “Clear data”, and tap "OK".

This must be for pre 4.2 because the only thing on 4.2 under settings>apps is the list of apps..downloaded/on sd card/running/all. I have been thru all settings and see nothing about apps management. I was also instructed to use this method by a friend who is super android savvy but he thought I had 4.0. Can you tell me how to fix this problem with 4.2? I had to use Amazon app store and it works great but does not have near as many choices as Google Play

thanks so much
    Terri
    I tried this and it didn't work. Here's how I fixed it. I'm on Sprint, I went to settings>more settings>mobile networks>network mode and changed the preferred mode from CDMA/LTE/EVDO to CDMA. This required a reboot which then worked.
    10-02-2013 07:35 PM
    Thank's sir it work
    10-07-2013 09:30 AM
    Thanks!! Its work
    10-08-2013 09:31 PM
379 ... 910111213 ...