Item Cannot be Installed in your Country

Helen Henshaw

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Hello - please help!

I have recently got an Android tablet and managed to get onto our Wi-fi OK and register with Google apps but I keep getting this message when I try to install something like 'Angry Birds' or 'Cut the Rope' games from the App Store.

I have got this tablet for my son for Christmas and I am hoping to get it up and running over the next couple of days.

I am in the UK.

Kind regards, Helen :(

Avenger

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
You can spoof your location (ie make it think you are elsewhere) using Market Enabler and Hideman VPN. I have used this to get apps only available in certain regions. Short of that you'd have to locate the APK and sideload (manually install) them.

Info on the two programs can be found here: Your Tech Buddy ? Bypassing nonsense – How to redeem a Google Play Gift Card from outside the US!

Different use, but same idea in that you'd need to pretend you are on a US provider using Market Enabler, then use the Hideman to appear as residing there. Not for the faint of heart, and requires root access. Sideloading or locating the apk might be easier.

backslashV

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
You can use VPN to bypass the country limitation. But I don't think UK is in the black list, countries such as Iran or Korea are not able to use the Play Store due to sanctions.

Avenger

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
You can use VPN to bypass the country limitation. But I don't think UK is in the black list, countries such as Iran or Korea are not able to use the Play Store due to sanctions.

Some apps are region specific. USA has the widest variety. I have really found that all apps work there, and occasionally a switch to Japan is needed if you are into foreign apps. My cousin in England had issues installing some common apps and had to spoof his location.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza