What are some tablets that are out in the united states that will be able to run os 3
    08-29-2010 11:14 AM
    I assume you meant Android 3.0, aka Gingerbread.

And the answer is no, not now and in all likelihood, not for some time.

Bear in mind that many tablet PCs are still operating with Android 1.5, 1.6, 1.7 and 2.1; so having Android 2.2, Froyo, is not even a certainty right now. Your best bet is to bid your time and when you do purchase a tablet make sure it has a licensed version of Android. The Augen Gentouch 78, for instance, runs on the Android platform but has no access to the Android App Market.

Best wishes,
    09-02-2010 12:12 PM
    During IFA today, Samsung confirmed that Gingerbread is next and will be Android 3.0, and that it will be succeeded by Honeycomb (3.5). It is possible that things will change between now and then, but this is an official, public word from Samsung in direct response to a question – fairly concrete.

They also divulged that they’re working on a larger (presumably larger than the Tab) tablet for Honeycomb. As for the Tab itself, it’ll ship with Froyo (which we already knew), and will be updated to Gingerbread once it’s released. No word on whether it will get Honeycomb down the road
    09-02-2010 03:42 PM
    @Archerdude Thanks updating this thread, I hadn't checked back on it in some time and I'd hate to misguide the OP.

That being said, I was reading just a few days ago an article about the Samsung Galaxy Tab at IFA. They mentioned Gingerbread and Honeycomb, and said that Gingerbread would be available shortly after the Galaxy Tab is released. But they also said that Honeycomb would not be available for the Galaxy Tab (ever) because of its format and its emphasis on mobility; but that it will be featured on the next Samsung Tablet. I forget the source, but it was a respected and credible newspaper quoting one of Samsung's top employees.
    09-07-2010 01:43 PM
    No, not yet but the thing is companies dont neeed 3.0 that much as they are already doing very well with 2.2. touching the right need of their consumers.
    04-26-2011 01:40 AM
    If I may dig this thread up from the dead - you might want to take a look at the Nook Color.

There is a forum here at Andriod Central for the NC. It is possible to download Honeycomb to the NookColor and use it as a tablet.

It might be something to consider . . .
    06-02-2011 11:17 AM