Our company has inspectors that go to job sites and, once there, fill out a paper form (1 page). This form is then given to somebody at the office that inputs it into a web form.

I would like to replace this with a tablet based form that they can fill out and then sync the output file once they get a WiFi connection. The output file would be best as tab delimited. They could use a Dropbox or Google Drive account for the sync. So, does anybody know a good form building app for Android tablets?

-Jim
    11-22-2013 12:05 PM
    Our company has inspectors that go to job sites and, once there, fill out a paper form (1 page). This form is then given to somebody at the office that inputs it into a web form.

I would like to replace this with a tablet based form that they can fill out and then sync the output file once they get a WiFi connection. The output file would be best as tab delimited. They could use a Dropbox or Google Drive account for the sync. So, does anybody know a good form building app for Android tablets?

-Jim

have you tried google form. it can be created on google drive and sync with it seamlessly. collaboration is better too

https://support.google.com/drive/answer/87809?hl=en

I am not sure if people can open the form on tablet
    11-22-2013 12:29 PM
    That is nice, even saves it to a spreadsheet. But the problem is I don't seem to be able to make it a stand alone form that will save the data to the location of my choice. Keep in mind that the inspector will NOT have an internet connection while working and filling in the form.
    11-22-2013 01:32 PM
    I work extensively with pdf forms, though not in your context. Anyway, look at Lecture Notes.

Via my Note 3
    04-13-2014 05:12 AM