tablets and market place

Swavek

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I have a passing interest in picking up an android tablet, but i have a general question about the marketplace first. i looked at about 2 or 3 tablets online (one of them being the viewsonic 10.1 inch tablet with android 2.2) and they all noted that the google marketplace is not available for them. why is that? is there any tablet on the market that has access to the android market place?

EDIT: let me qualify my question: I'm referring to wifi only tablets.

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Tablets with 3g connection (ie. through a cell provider) should have marketplace access. I have not found any wifi only tablets with access. I would be very interested if there was.

dante501

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
The Samsung tablet and this other one best buy sales both have market place. Samsung tablet has 2.2 and this other best buy tablet has 2.1

anon(20964)

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Have you looked at the Archos GEN8 tablets? They come in various screen sizes from 2.8in to 10in. I have the 7in model and like it alot.

Sent from my A70S using Tapatalk

Icegoddess

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Have you looked at the Archos GEN8 tablets? They come in various screen sizes from 2.8in to 10in. I have the 7in model and like it alot.

Sent from my A70S using Tapatalk

I didn't think the Archos tablets could access the Android Market. I thought that was why they had developed their own market (AppsLib.com).

swest6602

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I have a passing interest in picking up an android tablet, but i have a general question about the marketplace first. i looked at about 2 or 3 tablets online (one of them being the viewsonic 10.1 inch tablet with android 2.2) and they all noted that the google marketplace is not available for them. why is that? is there any tablet on the market that has access to the android market place?

Check out the XDA Developers Forum. They do development on many devices. Read the info on the devices you're interested in and see if you are still interested. I got a NookColor for Christmas and had it rooted (provides root access to device. Aka, hacked to access features the mfg might prefer you do not change). and running the Android Market in just a few minutes. If you can follow directions you can likely set a device up to function they way you want it to - or close to how yiu want it to. NookColor still not perfect, but I have high hopes it it will likely replace my iPad for reading, twitter, forums and Angry Birds!

angermei

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
the tablet add android market

SuperPad 2 - 10.2 Inch Android 2.2 tablet has android market:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34