Hey all,

I'm looking into getting either a Kindle Fire 7 or one of the Samsung Galaxy tablets for my 7 year old daughter.

We have one Fire HD already, and the thing I love about it is that it comes with Freetime, which keeps the kids from using apps I haven't approved.

It also lets me set a time limit, so the kids can only play games for a certain amount of time.

Samsung's "Kids Mode" will do all of this so far.

But here's the hard part: Freetime on Kindle will let me limit apps and books separately. For example, I can limit app time to 1 hour, but still allow unlimited reading of books after that.

Is there an Android solution that will let me limit the kids to certain apps for a certain amount of time, but allow a different amount of time to the Kindle app for Android?

I'd prefer to get a regular android tablet over the kindle, but without this feature, it may not work for us.

Thanks very much for your help.
    Attached Thumbnails Kindle Freetime type app for android tablets - for limiting kids access-freetime-settings.jpg  
    03-17-2015 10:13 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! I like Kids Place, which is a kid-safe alternate launcher. It also has additional plugins--Kids Place Screen Time might be what you're looking for.
    03-21-2015 11:45 PM