Using Default eMail App for 2 email accts: 1 won't update past June 1th & the other since Dec!

kslibra

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
My mother and I have the Eviant 10" Adroid tablet. I have set her up on the email app that comes with the tablet - it enables her to access both her Yahoo email and Roadrunner email. However, a couple of days ago, her Yahoo wouldn't update past June 15th & the RR account isn't showing past Dec '14. I have her emails accounts set up on my tablet, too, so I can help her out and they are updating just fine.

I tried disabling and clearing the cache but that didn't work. Eventually the cache clearing also cleared out her accounts. I've been able to reestablish the RR account but nothing I do works for Yahoo. I'm putting in the same settings as before - the same settings on my tablet. I've tried Manual and Auto. If I try Auto, it won't connect at all - not surprising since it uses wrong settings! But the manual goes into terminal spin as it tries to connect... "Validating server settings.." If I wait long enough, I usually then get a message "Couldn't open connection to server." Again, the settings I'm using are the exact same ones that are working on my tablet.

If I remember correctly, it seems as though Yahoo was a bit fidgety when I set it up initially but, having the working settings available and inputting them correctly, seems like it ought to work smoothly now. Any thoughts or suggestions?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Using Default eMail App for 2 email accts: 1 won't update past June 1th & the other since Dec!

Welcome to Android Central! Have you already tried removing those email accounts from the Email app, then adding them back again?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz