How can Android tablet be connected to 3G USB

Maxmeth

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I have a chinese table with android OS, I tried to connect an external 3G USB modem but it did not work because it says to be compatible with windows or mac OS, is there something I can do to make the android tablet work with the external 3G USB modem?

lookinsidewayz

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Ur best bet would prolly be to purchase a small 3G router that's compatible with ur 3G USB modem. Google 3G router and you will find they are available in all shapes an sizes.

pstellato73

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I have the Toshiba Thrive and am trying to do the same thing. The application which supports my 4G modem from Verizon is only showing for Windows and Macs. How can I get this to work for my tablet?

Whoknowes

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I have the Toshiba Thrive and am trying to do the same thing. The application which supports my 4G modem from Verizon is only showing for Windows and Macs. How can I get this to work for my tablet?
Pstellato73,

Doesnt your phone/modem support a hot spot ? use wi-fi, if not do you HAVE TO HAVE a wired connection ?... you may want to try bluetooth.. .there is an App that I had on my Samsung Captivate that allowed B.T. as the connection source, its called PDAnet... are you using a phone as the modem? if so you may have to have a data plan that allows the use of the wi-fi connectivity.... OR you could root the phone, there is usually some sort of connection manager that blocks the hot spot if you dont pay for it.... there is an app called Bloat Freeze that can stop the connection manager from loading that also might help....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan