Coming back to the wonderful world of Android. What is the best option for making calls over 3G these days? I know their are a couple options like Google voice for wifi calling but wasn't sure if there were any decent ones out for 3G calling. Been researching trying to find some and not having a ton of luck.
    06-06-2011 10:45 PM
    Groove Ip is great over 3g, utilized your google voice number
    06-08-2011 12:53 AM
    Yah saw that one and have been looking into it.
    06-09-2011 09:52 AM
    ooVoo has a dialpad and works over 3g. It's not free to make calls to numbers though, only other ooVoo users.

Edit: just noticed this is a tablet section. I don't know if any tabs are supported.
    06-09-2011 10:06 AM
    Maybe you will not believe me ;-) but Vippie is my favorite VoIP softphone over 3G ;-)
    I couldn't help myself :-D

And seriously: It's new, it's free, and it's professional, so maybe you would try it ;-)

Have a nice app ;-) Natalie
    05-23-2012 09:47 AM
    Skype would be much better option for 3g calling. Its one of the best voip services. You can also get free calls from skype to skype.
    06-20-2012 04:25 AM
    And one more VOIP provider is iGlobecall international voip call, iglobecall has iPhone app and voipphone for windows, you can visit the website and download app or software for windows and start calling, minimum is $15 you have to add to your voip account and it lasts for really long time because the call are cheap. When you download iglobecall voip app it shows your contacts from your address book so you just click on the contact you want to call and it connects you without dialing any pin.
    08-19-2013 02:21 PM
    Skype would be much better option for 3g calling. Its one of the best voip services. You can also get free calls from skype to skype.
    Agree Skype is excellent over 3G. SkypeOut is $3 per month for unlimited Canada and US calls to landlines.
    08-25-2013 12:39 AM
    I prefer the Orbtalk Softphone. It has lots of features, including transferring calls and DTMF. You can get it on the Play store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...co.orbtalk.sip
    04-08-2014 07:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD