Software update

Ninja1400

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Hi all, I'm spanish and just got mine yesterday thanks to a friend just back from holidays in Miami...
The watch is great, quite big but extremely light, the aspect is very modern and the quality and finish are very good.
The screen is good but I'd like a bit more resolution and sharpness.

My software version is LSB21D and it's updated but the latest is LSB47B, how can I get it?

aweber1nj

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Probably no real replies because of how new this watch is, and the fact that you don't have that many out there yet.

Small dev's can probably afford to go out and buy all the $200 watches for testing. Buying a $1500 watch just to test their app for a (currently) small population just isn't cost-effective.

Strictly theory.

Ninja1400

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Thank you, but the answer was very simple and I had to email Tag Heuer to know that you need to connect the watch to the charger to receive the software updates.
When you check for updates with the watch in your wrist it will never show that a new update is available.
I think Tag Heuer should fix this.

Anyway, I guess many people in this forum knew this, but was not willing to help.
First time it happens to me in a forum...

icwhatudidthere

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Neither statement you made is true. You can get updates without it being on the charger. And people are willing to help, but there's no real way to force it. It happens when it happens.

Ninja1400

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Neither statement you made is true. You can get updates without it being on the charger. And people are willing to help, but there's no real way to force it. It happens when it happens.
So you're saying that what Tag Heuer wrote me is wrong?
Then why my watch only got the update once I connected it to the charger?
Please prove your statement.

silver surfer

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I had a few issues getting mine to update too.

I got an on-screen message telling me to connect to the charger to receive the update. I put it on the charger overnight and didn't think anymore about. I put the watch on the next morning and went out. When I went to check the time some time later there was a message asking if I wanted to install the update. It took a couple of minutes to install.

Ravi Chhabria

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

Does wifi need to be turned on to get an update on the watch? I an not able to download any updates, and not able to see the new ambassador faces. When I initiate a download on the watch, the download stalls about25% of the way through and the watch asks to retry. I ask about wifi because I am using the watch with an iPhone, and with android wear for iOS there is no option to turn wifi on for the watch. May be I am just unable to navigate to that option despite trying. I don't see how to download the new ambassador faces either.

Thanks for any help.

idiakez

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
Hello, I just got mine this week. After one day , I could update the watch ( using the watch with an iphone) after several attemps.
I think that the ambassador faces are for android.

Ravi Chhabria

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I too got the update and the ambassador watch faces. It just took its time, with nothing to indicate an update was in progress. I like the watch, but I hope Tag is trying to learn from this experience, the software needs work (I use it with an iPhone).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy