Text and email notifications on the Tag

frankcowan

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
Just got my new Tag Connected....could not get notifications for texts and emails. After changing apps and settings on my Galaxy S6 (message and email), I can now get notifications. Now I'm working on the calendar, which I could get, but now can't. Gotta love technology!

Last edited:

frankcowan

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
Update: suddenly I can receive emails on the watch...but no texts yet. I reverted back to the Galaxy (Google) android text app, cleverly called "Messages." Still can't get notifications on the watch for texts. Still trying....

GuyWith4Kids

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I have not had this issue with these texting apps. Textra, Google Messenger, Hangouts, and Messenger Plus. I also use Nine for email and it works great with the watch. I would try Google Messenger and see if that works.

frankcowan

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
Thanks, Guy. After a couple of resets, app deletions, and much frustration, I think everything is working as it should now. But, it's early. I recall having issues with my Apple Watch and LG Urbane and LG Urbane 2 and my Galaxy, but not to this extent.

frankcowan

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
20160224_104211.jpgUpdate - 28 Feb: having worn the beast for a few days I am pleased to report all the apps I'm using are working just fine. I love that the text is large to read easily. The watch is extremely comfortable to wear. I'm not referring to weight. The rubber band is easy to adjust to the best size for my wrist. At times the screen doesn't awaken straight away, but that's not a big deal. In spite of the buggy software, this beast is a keeper. Can't wait to try it with my iPhone.