TAG Connected 45 - won't boot up

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My TAG will not boot up. It has been charging for 2 days, so assuming it is charged up. The screen shows the tiny red green yellow blue dots on the outside spinning. But it won't do anything from there. Did a hard reboot (hold crown for 10 seconds), it loads the TAG logo, then back to the spinning dots. Any thoughts?

planome72

Jun 4, 2018
Visit site
TAG Customer Service sent me instructions to perform a full factory reset. I am sharing below, but use at your own caution and discretion.

Please perform the instructions below on your watch to perform a full factory reset.

1. Press and hold down the power button until watch restarts (about 15 seconds)
2. During the boot up animations (TAG's logo, Intel's logo, or the swirling balls), press and hold the crown and simultaneously swipe from top left to bottom right, then release crown (You can repeat this process until the screen blacks out and the boot process restarts)
3. The watch will boot to an image of the Android character on his back. Long press the power button for about 5 seconds and release. You should see the "Android system recovery" menu.
4. Short press the power button three times to go down the menu to highlight "wipe cache partition"
5. Long press for 3 seconds to select "wipe cache partition" and confirm your selection
6. Short press the power button twice to go down the menu to highlight "wipe data/factory reset"
7. Long press for 3 seconds to select "wipe data/factory reset" and confirm your selection
8. Select "reboot system now'. Long press for 3 seconds to select
9. Watch will restart to the Welcome screen. This will take less than 2 minutes.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's not a bad idea. Factory resetting a Wear OS watch isn't as big a deal as it is for a phone -- you have to do a factory reset anyway when you want to pair it with a different phone.

planome72

Jun 4, 2018
Visit site
BTW, that was my original post..so I basically answered my own question after TAG responded. Glad I found this site though. Appreciate the community knowledge share and expertise.

Agent John

May 23, 2019
Visit site
thanks for the info however I followed the instructions provided several times and still the watch gets stuck at the swirling balls and it's gets very hot too. Any other ideas I can try? Thank you so much

ilaz13

Jun 9, 2020
Visit site
My smartwatch currently does not have any firmware on it. I am looking if anyone could provide me with a backup image of their module.

Many thanks.

DWaterford

Apr 13, 2021
Visit site
I have the same problem with my watch and have tried the same solutions but ...... alas.

I now have a beautiful time piece with android circles doing the rolly polly. Red, Green, Blue and Yellow around and around and around.

Anyone had any luck getting this sorted?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci