Rooting different for Telus?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
rooting process should be the same but if you side load z4root from here it should work just fine. it works for all Galaxy S phones.
[APP] z4root - xda-developers

after you sideload this, go to app drawer, open z4root. hit permanent and you are done :)
if you encounter any problems please let the forum know

sdmf

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Which way is "better"....old school or this z4root thing?

thanks

edit - i searched the market from phone and there is nothing for "z4root"....strange yah?

Last edited:

Ronindan

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Which way is "better"....old school or this z4root thing?

thanks

edit - i searched the market from phone and there is nothing for "z4root"....strange yah?

I used z4root before and it worked for me. It was convinient and easy to use. However I want to learn how to root the "old school way" in case something goes wrong and I will know at what stage or step the error occured while I am rooting.

As for z4root it self I found it xda (I am a member myself) and I used androidcentral's own side loding app. :)

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
i rooted already and used z4. obviously easy,. I just downloaded the current version from 4shared.

Yes that is why i mentioned earlier in the post to sideload it and get it from the link i provided, because it is not available in the market

Good on you for getting it to work

sdmf

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Yah, before I research roms/kernals etc on this site, does being at 2.2 have any effect on what I do now?

I dont want to install anything only to find out I shouldnt have because Im on OS 2.2

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Yah, before I research roms/kernals etc on this site, does being at 2.2 have any effect on what I do now?

I dont want to install anything only to find out I shouldnt have because Im on OS 2.2

i dont know on all the details of Roms for the telus fascinate, but yes read things carefully because most roms need to be on certain builds of android and also the radio's in the phones are different so im sure you dont want to go putting in full packages because it bay change your radio settings.

sdmf

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
ok cool. thanks bud, appreciate it

I want to look into this stupidfast kernal etc. hopefully it will work for me

AnitaDarlin

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for looking into this for me...I was slightly apprehensive about rooting my phone but thanks to the forums I feel more comfortable about my decision. I am leaning towards rooting it...I just want to find out as much info as I can so I don't brick my phone...that would make me very upset.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for looking into this for me...I was slightly apprehensive about rooting my phone but thanks to the forums I feel more comfortable about my decision. I am leaning towards rooting it...I just want to find out as much info as I can so I don't brick my phone...that would make me very upset.

I dont know of any bricks that have happened through rooting but maybe ill make a poll on it

Japots

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I got my Telus Fascinate last week. Updated to Froyo via Kies and followed this post on xda (using One Click Root)

xda-developers - View Single Post - Root for your TELUS fascinate!

Using Quadrant (free benchmark app in market), I started with an initial score of 1250. After rooting and using One Click Lag Fix (also from market) my score shot up to a little over 2000, and the phone is noticeably faster.

Some people seem reported to have problems using One Click Root, but it rooted my phone in one try.

sdmf

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Hmph i just ran this quandrant benchmark tool. Ran option full benchmark with all apps off and.only scored a 953 wonder what my.next step should be

Sent from my SGH-T959D using Tapatalk

Japots

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I found that after rooting my phone after FroYo update, it was pretty sluggish. Install and run RyanZA's OCLF 2.0 from the app store.

Quoted from the link above:

"Open the app. SuperUser should say "hey, I see something trying to use me!"
allow it.
In the program, install EXT tools
Then, install lag fix 2.2"

Reboot then re-run quadrant.

mbuxx

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Does the one click lag fix just have something in it that makes your bench mark higher or does it actually speed up your phone. I have heard rumours of lag fix's just "making" your benchmark score higher. Also is it safe? i have also heard of some lag fix's causing system crashes? Does anyone know if this helps for battery life?

Thanks, Mike.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci