Can't send pictures with my text? Samsung s4

rigger9788

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
I bought 2 - S4's 1 for me and one for my wife, mine was already unlocked , but hers is not as they wer both telus phones, I cannot send pictures with text, but hers is not unlocked and she can send me text and pictures attached??? My just sits there with the blue swirl spinning forever? Any ideas? I have already got a trouble ticket set up from telus, and I was on the phone twice with 2 different tech's that could not solve the problem.

I have turned mobile data on and off
I have rebooted the phone several times
I can send texts
I can receive texts from others with pictures attached

Kinda at a loss:-\

friedtators

May 27, 2013
Visit site
i would suspect the mms settings in the apn. two phones one works. were these brand new phones? if not then it is likely that could be the issue. if they are new it could be sim card. they can also push the setting to the apn. mms is the picture messaging

rigger9788

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
Both phones are new, one was opened and unlocked the other( my wife's was sealed) an I have the unlock code but have not unlocked it yet, since it works fine . I have gone into my apn and I noticed that the girl at the telus store either input it or it sync'd already.

Apn - sp.telus.com
Mmsc- not set
Mms proxy - 74.49.0.18
Mms port- 80
Apn type - default.mms.supl

This is what they are set at. Going to call telus yet again!

Spoke to telus for 30 min, tech walked me thru all the apn settings and several had to be adjusted , he tells me that sometimes it is the manor in which the phones are unlocked that these items will not sometimes auto populate.....problem solved I can now send pictures with my text.g:)

Last edited:

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Both phones are new, one was opened and unlocked the other( my wife's was sealed) an I have the unlock code but have not unlocked it yet, since it works fine . I have gone into my apn and I noticed that the girl at the telus store either input it or it sync'd already.

Apn - sp.telus.com
Mmsc- not set
Mms proxy - 74.49.0.18
Mms port- 80
Apn type - default.mms.supl

This is what they are set at. Going to call telus yet again!

Spoke to telus for 30 min, tech walked me thru all the apn settings and several had to be adjusted , he tells me that sometimes it is the manor in which the phones are unlocked that these items will not sometimes auto populate.....problem solved I can now send pictures with my text.g:)

Could you possibly post the UPDATED APN settings that were tweaked by the Telus agent you spoke to?

saslover

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I never turn my phone off so I find if it comes to where I cant send pics I jst reboot my phone, turn it completely off and bring it back up and it will send pics jst fine. I can also turn WIFI off and it will send pics. I dont have this problem all the time but when I do, that is how I remedy it.

Ashley Persico

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi ive been having the same issue could you possibly tell me exactly what they had told you to change your apn settings to? mine are not set and that is probably my issue..:'(

gangrule

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
I've been through this issue for months now. I finally had it solved today from talking with telus support.

Here is a screenshot of my TELUS SP settings on my S4, type SGH-I337M running Android 4.2.2

The key field for me was clearing the text in the APN type, make sure that field is blank.

2013-11-02 17.23.37.jpg

2013-11-02 17.24.03.jpg

alenggiam

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Had the same problem. I tried what was suggested, turning off the power savers then restart. After that I was able to download the text sent. Thanks for your help. Don't know what I'll do without smart people like you guys.

Tracey Teper

May 11, 2015
Visit site
Just recently switched to consumer cellular and I can also receive picture messages but I can't send them. I was just on phone for at least an hour with tech...after him saying he's done all he can that I won't be able to send pics....somebody help me....I also have a LG that does the same thing

lealaken

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
I had this problem on my Galaxy S4 with two different carriers and I was on the phone more times than I can remember trying to fix it....but I finally found someone who was able to fix the problem. This is what fixed mine: Remove the battery WHILE THE PHONE IS STILL ON, leave it out for about 5 minutes, and replace the battery. Turn the phone back on and then try sending a MMS pic message to YOURSELF. Just send the pic message to your own phone number. Once it sends successfully (hopefully it will) try sending to others. This worked for me and I really hope it helps someone else. This issue frustrated me for well over a year. And if it starts messing up again, just do this again. Another VERY IMPORTANT thing to know: If you are using a lower cost cell network (anything other than the big guys like Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile) you HAVE to turn off WiFi in order to send pic MMS messages!!!! And of course, make sure your mobile data is turned on.

TwitchyPuppy

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
I had this problem on my Galaxy S4 with two different carriers and I was on the phone more times than I can remember trying to fix it....but I finally found someone who was able to fix the problem. This is what fixed mine: Remove the battery WHILE THE PHONE IS STILL ON, leave it out for about 5 minutes, and replace the battery. Turn the phone back on and then try sending a MMS pic message to YOURSELF. Just send the pic message to your own phone number. Once it sends successfully (hopefully it will) try sending to others. This worked for me and I really hope it helps someone else. This issue frustrated me for well over a year. And if it starts messing up again, just do this again. Another VERY IMPORTANT thing to know: If you are using a lower cost cell network (anything other than the big guys like Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile) you HAVE to turn off WiFi in order to send pic MMS messages!!!! And of course, make sure your mobile data is turned on.
As long mobile data is turned on, wifi does not prevent MMS sending nor receiving ;)

Molson3

Nov 12, 2016
Visit site
I bought 2 - S4's 1 for me and one for my wife, mine was already unlocked , but hers is not as they wer both telus phones, I cannot send pictures with text, but hers is not unlocked and she can send me text and pictures attached??? My just sits there with the blue swirl spinning forever? Any ideas? I have already got a trouble ticket set up from telus, and I was on the phone twice with 2 different tech's that could not solve the problem.

I have turned mobile data on and off
I have rebooted the phone several times
I can send texts
I can receive texts from others with pictures attached

Kinda at a loss:-\

Last edited:

Molson3

Nov 12, 2016
Visit site
Sometimes the simplest answer is the correct answer. Pull battery, go into developer options and so on are a few solutions I've read.
Turns out its sooo simple, yet we've all spent hours researching. The answer is to empty out your texts that really mean nothing to you. When it gets close to its maximum storage it simply gives you something else to try and figure out. You'd think in today's world it would just tell you to empty it wouldn't you? Good luck from a rookie!

dbafixes

Apr 14, 2017
Visit site
This was a good call. I was having an issue with sending pics via mms. I ckecked my apn settings and the mms setting was one letter off.