Whenever I'm at school, I can never receive or send text messages, even if I have full bars. Then, if I walk a few meters away from the school, my phone receives all the messages I didn't receive before, and all the messages I tried to send finally send too. Any ideas?

P.S. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and I'm with Koodo.
    11-03-2013 07:44 PM
    I don't know the law in Canada, but in the US what's probably being done is illegal. The school has some cellphone blocker running that keeps you from using your cellphone in that location. (Or some student may have plugged one in behind a cabinet, or somewhere else it can't be found.)

You could try talking to the school officials, but if school policy is no texting during class, they're not going to help you. (Check with the Ministry of Communications to find out if it's legal for the school to do this. If not, ask them if they would investigate, keeping your name out of it.)

But if it does get fixed", and school policy is no texting during class, the school still has the right to enforce that policy. Maybe not by running an illegal transmitter, but maybe by requiring anyone found violating the policy to report to an office on arriving at school every morning and having all cellphones confiscated until the end of the day. That sounds a bit draconian, but students in school (and members of the military) don't have all the freedoms guaranteed all citizens, in most countries.
    06-01-2015 06:07 PM