Telus Specific KitKat 4.4 issues

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Figured I would start this thread as I have noticed a couple minor existing things that I am not happy with. Well I guess I am down to 1 thing, but please post your issues here if you are on Telus.
And have something to say about the 4.4 update.

As for the issue I am noticing. I am hearing a crackle in my phones speaker when I receive a text message or email etc. From the ring tone. Which never happened before the update. This is not a volume issue as the volume is at a normal level. Anyone else noticing this at all?

jenpossy

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I have had far more problems with mine since it got the update. it drops it signal (2 min before i had 3 bars and 4g) and say can't find network, or emergency calls only and then i can't get texts or make and receive phone calls. MY Swiftkey Key broad freezes, the phone is now slow and langy. my husbands S3 works faster than mine and his has one bar and 4g. i have to restart the phone a least 2 to 3 times a day just so it will keep working. i put the phone in my pocket and it gets a circle with a line through it. is there a way to go back to 4.3??? if there is someone please tell me!

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Are you in a basement or in an area thats but a larger city?
I use SwiftKey and it's fine on my phone.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using AC Forums mobile app

jenpossy

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
i live on a farm 15 min from a city, no i just about never go in the basement. i have no service where i just had 3 bars, then i play with it and put it back into my pocket, maybe an hour later or less i take it out and i have circle with the line. i don't understand it. when my husbands phone that is right beside me always has service whether it be 1 bar and 4g, and my mine will have 3 bars and 4g and still go slower. getting to the point that i just want a phone that works.

anon(8278816)

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I noticed with the new update, after every restart only carrier data is used. No WiFi on automatically. Have to turn WiFi on. Any suggestions?

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
i live on a farm 15 min from a city, no i just about never go in the basement. i have no service where i just had 3 bars, then i play with it and put it back into my pocket, maybe an hour later or less i take it out and i have circle with the line. i don't understand it. when my husbands phone that is right beside me always has service whether it be 1 bar and 4g, and my mine will have 3 bars and 4g and still go slower. getting to the point that i just want a phone that works.

Jen, try going into;
SETTINGS > MORE NETWORKS > MOBILE NETWORKS

Under "Network Mode" what is it currently set to and saying?

- - - Updated - - -

I noticed with the new update, after every restart only carrier data is used. No WiFi on automatically. Have to turn WiFi on. Any suggestions?

I noticed that as well, but mine turns on automatically in a few moments. I was doing it manually but then I just waited and it did it on it's own.

TheDoros

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
My gf's S4 has been experiencing random reboots since the update. Kind of annoying, I think I may have to look into rooting and custom ROMs if it can't be resolved.

anon(8278816)

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Jen, try going into;
SETTINGS > MORE NETWORKS > MOBILE NETWORKS

Under "Network Mode" what is it currently set to and saying?

- - - Updated - - -

I noticed that as well, but mine turns on automatically in a few moments. I was doing it manually but then I just waited and it did it on it's own.

Patience? Its a possibility, haha. Thanks mhinc, I will give it a try and wait and see of WiFi starts on its own

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Patience? Its a possibility, haha. Thanks mhinc, I will give it a try and wait and see of WiFi starts on its own

Ha ha ha! Yes, something I usually don't have any of either. Let me know if that does work out for you! Cheers

jenpossy

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I have also noticed that crackling sound making calls. that combined with signal lose is just about enough to make switch phones...but what phone?? none of the others have the camera this one has. i might just have to live with it.

jenpossy

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
just to add a little bit more to this my phone has taken to dropping calls when i have full bars in a 4g, LTE area! if this continues i don't know what i will do.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
just to add a little bit more to this my phone has taken to dropping calls when i have full bars in a 4g, LTE area! if this continues i don't know what i will do.

All your settings look good. I have crackle when a message comes in on my ring tone, but calls seem fine. Haven't had any dropped calls yet though. Not sure what to tell you Jen :(

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Anyone getting random screen shut down, and the only thing you can do to get it to come back is a battery pull? This started the day I did my update to KitKat, and has happened a total of 3 times. Never happened once prior.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie