1 Click rooting that easy?

yeroc1982

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
Im new to android and want to root my gsm gnex . Seen these new one click rooting programs and seems pretty straight forward. Is it just that easy? Any help is appreciated!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Can be. Hardest part for me was getting the drivers recognized. It is a combination of software, hardware (your computers usb ports), and the usb cable itself. You may have to be persistent and experiment between different connections and cables. Once you do get the drivers recognized it is pretty easy.

hawonjung

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
Plug into the computer and follow through gnex toolkit in the development section. Rooting cannot be easier than this.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ajonesma

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
It is pretty easy to root the gnex. I used the Galaxy Nexus Root Toolkit v7, on my Sprint Galaxy nexus. This tool lets you do even more than just rooting your gnex. You can find it on XDA.

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Can be. Hardest part for me was getting the drivers recognized. It is a combination of software, hardware (your computers usb ports), and the usb cable itself. You may have to be persistent and experiment between different connections and cables. Once you do get the drivers recognized it is pretty easy.
The toolkit solves this for us. If you do it manually Windows 7(Under hardware drivers) has 2 choices for Samsung Usb drivers, either one works. Swebb is right if you take away this USB Pita, its a 10 min job. I must have wasted 3 hours on USB drivers.