14-Day Return Policy - Phones that are Returned

mblouir

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
What does Verizon do with the phones that are returned under the 14-day window? Are they still sold as new phones or are they used as replacement (ie-certified used) devices?

Just curious...

gusar2000

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
What does Verizon do with the phones that are returned under the 14-day window? Are they still sold as new phones or are they used as replacement (ie-certified used) devices?

Just curious...
I doubt it's possible to sell them as a new, boxes open, seals damaged. You will notice it.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
It is illegal to sell a used device as new. Phones returned within the 14 day window are generally refurbished and repackaged, and sold as used. This could mean as return replacements, or sold on the website as used refurbished devices.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It is illegal to sell a used device as new. Phones returned within the 14 day window are generally refurbished and repackaged, and sold as used. This could mean as return replacements, or sold on the website as used refurbished devices.

Its kinda weird, stores like Victorias secret can and has sold used stained smelly underwear as new, but you can't sell a smartphone returned as new. I know some stores will sell returned merchandise (not cell phones) as new.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

cadzilla74

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
They can't resell as new. The returned devices could go into the inventory pool that Asurion pulls from when they replace broken or defective devices on insurance claims. "Refurbished" does not always mean "repaired". Many posts in the past about folks not happy with getting a "refurb" as a replacement instead of "brand new". The replacement unit they receive may very well be one of these returned units with less than 14 days of mileage on it and no flaws.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aclatex