2.1 back to 2.0.1

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Alright, its me again asking for your help. I'm trying everything under the sun to downgrade but maybe I'm just reading it wrong. I still have the old backup to go from 2.1 to 2.0.1 but when I put in on my sdcard and try to restore it, it keeps me on 2.1. Even did a factory wipe, and I'm still on 2.1. Downloaded old 2.0.1 update and tried to apply through recovery, wouldn't let me. Do I need to unroot or what?

Please help!!

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Ok, huge problem, huge problem...

I put the unroot update zip on my phone and applied and now my phone won't turn on! The Motorola symbol comes up, Droid flashes, and then the eye, and then it cuts off. I'm freakin out. I try to do a manual reboot ya know, hold power and X, but then the '!' pops up like I'm rooting for the first time. Please tell me I did not just turn this thing into a paper weight.

Edit: Nevermind, I fixed it. Wheww, that was a close one. Went back into recovery and wiped data and now, I'm good. So I don't have super user anymore, 2.1 is gone...is it safe to say I'll be pushed the 2.1 OTA now?

Last edited:

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
for anyone else looking to revert, it has been said in other threads, but the Sholes updater is the simplest and easiest way to do it.

and trey, as i understand it once you revert, the update will get pushed to you

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
I had and still do have the sholes updater downloaded, just not on my phone, but everytime I went to launch it, it gave me a super user error. I think the problem though, was because I wasn't running the new sprecovery. Cause when I went to install it, it said error on status 1??? Whatever, I'm back to stock and waiting for official. 2.1 was nice, but after going back to stock you realize how slow and buggy it really is. I forgot how fast my Droid really was, but now I remember.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roth4796