2.6.32 Kernel for Nexus One goes Stable

Yahma

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Google just tagged the 2.6.32 kernel for nexus one as stable (Nexus One currently runs 2.6.29). Meaning that Google thinks its ready to go on our phones.. Already the hackers over at xda have released a kernel update for the Nexus One. Some improvements include additional memory and faster speed.

Now .32 has been tagged stable, I'll bet we'll see the ERE36 OTA update going out soon with a new improved kernel! I'm definitely glad I got a Nexus One over a Droid.. I can only imagine when/if the Droid will ever see a 2.6.32 kernel (if Verizon and Motorola ever get around to updating the Droid).

evilp8ntballer7#AC

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm glad to see that its faster but I'm hoping this also fixes the weird keyboard issues and the multi-touch issues, because basically those are the main reasons I dont use the phone, its a tad slow at times and the keyboard is really annoying.

Last edited:

Yahma

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Reports have been coming in that the keyboard issues are resolved in the .32 rom. So far, I haven't had any issues at all, while on the older .29 rom, occasionally I'd get some mis-interpreted key presses on the keyboard.

evilp8ntballer7#AC

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
ahh nice, the things I want the most are (in order)
1: better keyboard
2: better multi touch
3: faster/less lag
4: led notifications
5: better battery life

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member