2 apps won't launch since Pie update

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Since upgrading to Pie, neither my Gear watch app or Words with Friends will launch on Pixel 2XL. WWF flashes the startup screen before quitting and Gear doesn't even make it that far. Anyone else have similar issues?

Zobbyb

May 12, 2016
Visit site
I have the paid version of words with friends and it consistently works here. I think it'll work if you reinstall it. I think gear app needs an update.

NoThatOtherGuy

Aug 10, 2018
Visit site
I have the paid version of words with friends and it consistently works here. I think it'll work if you reinstall it. I think gear app needs an update.

Thank you for your reply. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling WWF twice to no avail. I know someone else with the same phone who also uses the free version of Words with no issues post-update.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Since upgrading to Pie, neither my Gear watch app or Words with Friends will launch on Pixel 2XL. WWF flashes the startup screen before quitting and Gear doesn't even make it that far. Anyone else have similar issues?

I don't do Words on my phone, it was draining my battery needlessly so I leave that to my tablet where it doesn't seem to be draining the battery.

The Gear app - there was a front-page PSA posted about this earlier this week but it got lost in all the Note 9 articles and updates to old articles bumping them to the top. https://www.androidcentral.com/psa-dont-update-android-pie-if-you-have-samsung-gear-wearable

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexmorse42