2 Questions: Multimedia Dock Brightness and Audio/Video Sync

ThirstyTurtle

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Alright guys, just got the multimedia dock today for Christmas and I have a quick question about it, as well as another thing I've been wondering:

1) Even in the dim mode I find the multimedia dock's screen brightness to be too high, anyway to make it lower? If not, is there anyway to make it default to turning the screen off eventually rather than me having to manually turn it off each time I plug it in?

2) I LOVE the video recording quality of the DROID, as well as the audio quality, my concern is that every video I've taken, the audio and video do not sync up correctly, they're always slightly off. Anyone else having this problem? Haven't tried transferring to a computer to see if they're still this way, but when watching on the device itself, always out of sync, the longer the video, the worse the sync issue is.

Thanks guys!

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
For the dock brightness... I have not found a way to tone it down. I use "bedside" and it has a dimmer screen and the added plus of having a phone only notification setting.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
once 2.1 is released, the new media clock screen's dim feature is much dimmer. it also goes into a screen saver type mode that just moves a dim clock around against a black screen.

much better for nighttime use. however aside from putting a custom 2.1 ROM on the phone, you'll just have to wait until mid january when it's rumored to be released to get it...

tvBilly#AC

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
If you have your Droid set to automatically dim the backlight depending on the ambient light, you should be aware that placing your Droid in the media dock will turn off the auto dim function and your backlight will go to the manual setting level. I've noticed this happens with some media players as well.

If you prefer a dimmer backlight when your Droid is docked, go to the main Droid settings screen, turn off automatic screen brightness, drag the manual brightness slider all the way to the left to minimum brightness, and then re-check the automatic brightness checkbox. When you dock your Droid after that, it will change to minimum brightness.

Now if the minimum brightness is still too bright, you'll need to find another solution...

Billy

tere12

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
every video I've taken, the audio and video do not sync up correctly, they're always slightly off. Anyone else having this problem? Haven't tried transferring to a computer to see if they're still this way, but when watching on the device itself, always out of sync, the longer the video, the worse the sync issue is.

Hi,
did you ever find a fix for the audio/video out of sync problem?
I'm having the same problem in my HTC Eris, and I haven't seen any
solution for it on any post.
thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sterrekroesbergen