2 TBolt questions:

enfuego360

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
1) does anyone know if there will be a "turn off" 4g button on the tbolt?

i am happy to hear that 4g will be the same price as 3g, but i also hear that 4g will drain the battery more. who knows how much, but i may feel like using 3g to save battery life. i am hoping that i can turn off 4g. maybe it is already built into android or htc sense, but being that i never have had an android phone, i just dont know.

2) how comparable is the battery drain on the tbolt to the bb storm 1?

i currently have the storm 1 right now (can you tell how antsy i am to get the tbolt!). both the tbolt and the storm 1 have a 1400 mah battery. right now i can usually get a full day out of it, unless i am heavily using it to read stuff on the internet. but how similar is the battery drain on the tbolt (at least in rumor)? also lets forget about the extra drain 4g would bring so we can make an exact comparison. does android drain the battery more? htc sense? the bigger screen size?

bonus question) just thought of this... how much extra life would an extender battery add? and would this extender battery add extra thickness to the phone?

dont forget i never had an android phone. the storm is my 1st smart phone.

thanks for any info. i appreciate it.

upz3

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
1) I'd have to say yes to that. I mean in Android you can turn off 3G right now, so why not 4G.

2) No one knows. With the LTE on all the time I'd think the Storm would be better and thats a sad statement to make.

tucker_dahlin

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
1) I'd have to say yes to that. I mean in Android you can turn off 3G right now, so why not 4G.

2) No one knows. With the LTE on all the time I'd think the Storm would be better and thats a sad statement to make.

This is a complete guess, but I really dont think that they would release a high profile phone with worse battery life than the storm. That **** is old and BB had no idea what they were doing with it. Comparable batteries but newer tech. I mean, how could they ever think that horrible battery life is ok? (I say this knowing that other phones by htc are pretty bad about battery, but I can hope they got their act together, right?)

Slapnpop826

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
My buddy has an extended battery in his Evo and he can go 17+ hours between charges. And he is a heavy user. It does add thickness to the phone.

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
1) yes (will be like the WiMax button on EVO)
2) I don't think anyone knows how the real battery life will be just yet. I'd imagine you'll have to place it on the charger after 10-12 hours.

biff6789

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
1) All Sprint 4G phones have settings and widgets available that allow you to kill the 4G radio when not in use. So while it is unlikely that you can shut it off with a hardware key, you'll be able to add a widget to do it (or do it the long way and go into the settings menu to kill it off). I see no reason as to why Verizon's lineup would be any different

2) Blackberries have the best battery life of all smartphones, largely in part because they don't do as much (for example, BBs don't have tons of widgets on their homescreens updating every 15 minutes). But beware: blackmanx (who already owns this phone) said recently on twitter that Verizon's 4G phones will "require a small asian man with batteries strapped to his back to follow you around" when the 4G radio is turned on. Another tweet said that the TB's battery died in exactly 4 hours when the 4G radio was on. But he said that battery life was much improved over current 3G phones when only the 3G radio is turned on

Bonus question) Extended batteries certainly add more life to the device. But we won't know how much for sure until we can get our hands on it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bongo